Flip-Pac Parts Suppliers List? Windows, Torsion Bars, etc.

aequitas3

I'm a truck…
I just spoke with Brian at Sway Away, who make a replacement torsion bar. They are working on replacement hinges and expect a prototype in about a month. Everything will be the same with regards to the splines so that it is backwards compatible, but they "are fixing the other problems with the hinge at the same time".

Also, the Sway-A-Way FlipPac Torsion Bar was powdercoated red for the first two batches. Subsequent (newer, including the current) batches are powdercoated silver/gray.

abiker

Thanks man yea I bought the parts on amazon and have the SS quick disconnects in my cart on another site just haven't ordered. I went down this trail that wasn't maintained at all and just scratched the crap out of the flippac and broke the support rod so now I'm gonna detail it but not sure how to get pin striping out of fiberglass so I'll be googling a lot today haha.

Can you link these quick disconnects? And include a description or something in case the link dies? I'm sure a ton of people would love to know about these!

97jeeperdrummer

The hinge on my rear window just busted. Most of the rivets have come out. Can anyone recommend where I can get this fixed? Can any camper-shell repair place fix this?

Jay18, Have you had any luck on this? I need to replace the whole frame myself. I'm assuming FlipPac didn't have a customer window frame made, so I'm hopping that someone will be able to identify a model number or manufacturer.

I came across these guys, but can't get them measurements until my shell gets back from the paint shop.
https://www.custompickup.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=2772

I am in the same situation, my rear frame was destroyed and I'm finding it impossible to get a replacement. Any luck for either of you guys?

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Did a quick little mod today which I should have done a long time ago, anyone with a filppac knows that the poles are a pain in the *** and they will hit any low hanging tree and I've broken both of them off numerous times. So I added Bimini Quick Disconnects, ignore how dirty the flippac is lol.

It's a very easy mod to do, just take off your old pole supports (front and back):

39265504754_ecf61afb7f_b.jpg

All you have to do is drill one new hole and seal up all the holes with silicon and mount the bimini bottom:

39944432952_3250568974_b.jpg

39944432512_8fa69e2d57_b.jpg

Next up is modding the poles, I used SS bimini eye ends on the flippac side and plastic eye ends on the fender side:

39265504234_5884d978cf_b.jpg

ozy129

I just spoke with Brian at Sway Away, who make a replacement torsion bar. They are working on replacement hinges and expect a prototype in about a month. Everything will be the same with regards to the splines so that it is backwards compatible, but they "are fixing the other problems with the hinge at the same time".

Also, the Sway-A-Way FlipPac Torsion Bar was powdercoated red for the first two batches. Subsequent (newer, including the current) batches are powdercoated silver/gray.

Do you know where to find the nylon splined torsion bar/hinge bushings? I was talking to an Eric at swayaway Feb 2017 and he said they weren't going to make them.

pengrey1

hi all! I know this thread is getting a bit old, but I'm in search for side window replacements for my flippac. Having trouble with mine. I can't seem to locate any manufacturer name or number on the frame anyplace. Anybody have any luck searching for these? Any info greatly appreciated.

ozy129

hi all! I know this thread is getting a bit old, but I'm in search for side window replacements for my flippac. Having trouble with mine. I can't seem to locate any manufacturer name or number on the frame anyplace. Anybody have any luck searching for these? Any info greatly appreciated.
You should be able to order window replacements from any truck shell retailer. All they need is the size and the angle of the trapezoid shape I believe. I did this with a non-Flippac shell one.

ozy129

Do you know where to find the nylon splined torsion bar/hinge bushings? I was talking to an Eric at swayaway Feb 2017 and he said they weren't going to make them.
I finally ordered some nylon bushings and end collars for the torsion bar. Swayaway now offers a complete hinge replacement package with these parts included.

ozy129

Does anyone know where to find the hood/fender attachment pins? I can't so much as find a picture of them, let alone anywhere I could buy them.

Nian

Hey guys! I posted in the owners thread as well, but maybe this is a better place.

I need to replace the tent frame, but the sizing seems tricky. I know it's based on a bimini top but the frame is much larger than the sizes I can see, and the frame pieces are separate rather than linked together.

Can any of you point me to replacement tent frame parts?

Thanks!
Dave

moto_mike

Hey guys! I posted in the owners thread as well, but maybe this is a better place.

I need to replace the tent frame, but the sizing seems tricky. I know it's based on a bimini top but the frame is much larger than the sizes I can see, and the frame pieces are separate rather than linked together.

Can any of you point me to replacement tent frame parts?

Thanks!
Dave

i can probably take some measurements and snap some photos of mine tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles