Expo 100 Series Electrical Build Walkthrough

JackAttack13

Observer
I thought I would share my walkthrough of the electrical install i completed on my 100 Series LC.

[video]https://youtu.be/EXsuGjsXxLA[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/qED_Lt1QpOM[/video]

RedwoodCruzr

I like it. I'm also going with the gamiviti rack for my lx470. Does the wind deflector come with it? I didn't see any option to add it or buy it separately. Did you use their awning mounts or did you fab up something yourself? You should post some links to the products you used here or in the youtube vids.

JackAttack13

Observer
I like it. I'm also going with the gamiviti rack for my lx470. Does the wind deflector come with it? I didn't see any option to add it or buy it separately. Did you use their awning mounts or did you fab up something yourself? You should post some links to the products you used here or in the youtube vids.

Thanks. I will be posting more videos as the build continues and plan on doing a full review of the Gamiviti rack as well. I went with the Gamiviti awning mounts, and glad I did, the mounting is quick and easy, as well as very clean looking.

Good idea, I will ad some links to what I have used in my videos. Good idea. Thanks.

fireball

Explorer
Lots of work doing all the wiring to a rig, nice to see it being documented and helping folks out! I removed the sub and put all my wiring in there. Even with a hi-lift it is nice to have the factory jack available.

If you are putting a fridge in the back I would recommend hardwiring it into the blue sea panel. That outlet location is a pain for a cord. The cord will be in the way for stowing stuff in that area.

203.jpg

x2 on the Gamiviti rack and awning mounts. Tim is an awesome guy, fellow enthusiast and builds great products! The fairing is a small extra cost I believe. I built my own before Tim was making them but the rack definitely does need something to eliminate the wind noise/whistle.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Lots of work doing all the wiring to a rig, nice to see it being documented and helping folks out! I removed the sub and put all my wiring in there. Even with a hi-lift it is nice to have the factory jack available.

If you are putting a fridge in the back I would recommend hardwiring it into the blue sea panel. That outlet location is a pain for a cord. The cord will be in the way for stowing stuff in that area.

View attachment 395410

x2 on the Gamiviti rack and awning mounts. Tim is an awesome guy, fellow enthusiast and builds great products! The fairing is a small extra cost I believe. I built my own before Tim was making them but the rack definitely does need something to eliminate the wind noise/whistle.

I like the dog house, great set up. How far forward does the dog house go?

fireball

Explorer
The panel you see there to the right of the water Jerry can goes to the 2nd row seat back.

It's a tight fit but he loves it back there and is much more content being in a confined space especially when bouncing around.

I wish the 100 had rear slider windows like the 80 so he could stick his head out!

john61ct

Adventurer
I'm really surprised the permanent shading from mounting under the rack doesn't cut output more.

Is the panel something special designed to minimize shading effects?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior