Long Way Up....2009

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I loved the Long Way Round.

But I heard not so good reviews on the Long Way Down, so I haven't seen it. Hopefully the Long Way Up will be better received.

Did you see the Long Way Down yet? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

I wish they would just do a Long Way Round II, but from east to west. Perhaps revisiting the same families and areas they saw before.

:roost:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I enjoy the adventures, and liked LWD as well. It had a bit more coverage of the support vehicles in some pretty difficult terrain! Very cool. I give it a thumbs up.

-H-

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
long way round. Loved it.
Long way down... I own it and I haven't been able to finish it for lack of interest...

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Yeah, I understand.... I have some 'obligated to keep it, but ain't never gonna use it' gifts too.

:smilies27

T.Low

Expedition Leader
LW Round had great footage of Mongolia and the water crossings on the Road of Bones was great stuff. A lot of the other stuff seemed to be a buddy and his rich spoiled brat friend who doesn't know how to ride, and doesn't seem to get out much. I did finally warm up to Ewan, but sheesh. Charlie, on the other hand, seems like a hoot to travel with.

At the time it came out, my friend and I were in great disagreement about which movie was better; he liked LWRound, I was totally psyched on "Dust to Glory".

But I could not understand in LWRound why they did not have Sportsmobiles for support vehicles?

It was obvious they were nubies to camping while getting their kits together in London, so i guess maybe they never knew about SMB's or getting them delivered could have been an issue or ?

SOAZ

The first thing Danica said when we started watching the long way down was... "Why the heck is the wife trying to butt in on their trip?"
thats what killed it for me. Its about two guys, buddies traveling together. Not wives or girlfriends. Even my girl understood that.

BUT, here is to the long way up. Lets hope for the best. They did it once with the long way round so I have no doubt they are capable of making it a great adventure!!! :friday: :tent: :campfire: :1888fbbd:

SOAZ

2aroundtheworld said:
we should try to organize a meeting somewhere with them and ExpoPortal members!

We should just stalk them and swarm around them in expo rigs. :bike_rider:

Bill Beers

Explorer
T.Low said:
But I could not understand in LWRound why they did not have Sportsmobiles for support vehicles?

It was obvious they were nubies to camping while getting their kits together in London, so i guess maybe they never knew about SMB's or getting them delivered could have been an issue or ?

I'm betting it's because they vehicles that they used they got for free, or very cheap, in return for the TV airtime.

-Bill

ckkone

Explorer
I enjoyed both Long Way Round and Long Way Down. And, I'm excited about Long Way UP....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz