Long Way Up....2009

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Obviously a bike that requires an oil change every 1000 miles isnt the best choice.

obviously, you dont ride motorcyles...

Moderator hat on...public announcement

Children be nice...chill out, and if you can't talk like an adult please go play elsewhere.

Anything less than civil will be deleted. I would advice research and calmness so that you come back to the thread with facts rather than zings.

Obviously a bike that requires an oil change every 1000 miles isnt the best choice.

obviously, you dont ride motorcyles...

Correct, I dont ride motorbikes....
9031_541297538851_62002887_31871871_7376826_n.jpg

Just Hondas.... not KTMS:).

Now, being civil, my XR400 requires an oil change at 1000 miles and is my new adventure bike.... Pic above was from a 600 mile trip into Mexico. The benefit to riding this bike is that there really is no specif type of oil required, such as you exclaimed Motorex. But, in my motorcycle's case it doesnt require a specific sort of oil, besides not the energy conserving type as to not interfere with the operation of the clutch.

And dont be fooled, I love the KTM640 Adventure. Its on my short list of ultimate adventure bikes.

And why are your panties in such a twist? :ylsmoke:

Cody1771

Explorer
so to bring this thread back to life, looks like in late 2010 CHarley mentioned a long way up trip planned for 2011. lets hope it goes through.

On the Late Show with David Letterman (17 February 2010), Ewan said he's not planning another trip at the moment, because it's difficult to stay away from his family for the long time it takes to do a Long Way trip. He also mentioned still wanting to do a trip from South to North America.

In a September 2010 interview, Charley said that the third installment of the Long Way series is planned with McGregor for 2011, saying, "It should be crazy stuff riding up through South America. I'm expecting jungles, bandidos and drug lords...."

so to bring this thread back to life, looks like in late 2010 CHarley mentioned a long way up trip planned for 2011. lets hope it goes through.

Working title seems to be "Long Way To Go", in reference to Unicef's work around the globe and helping to raise awareness via the trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior