Huenersdorff 47L Aluminum Box Unboxing/First Impressions/Review

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Dredging this thread back up to see how they have last over the past two years.

Would you buy again and have you used them as a step yet?

Wilbah

Adventurer
Glad you brought it back up as well.

My thoughts on boxes like this are kind of similar to some of the discussions about Plano totes vs Pelican. As long as you dont need them to be 100% waterproof (either due to what you are hauling in them or if its bc you use them solely inside your rig) I'm guessing they would be great alternatives. I have recovery gear in an Action Packer that often goes on the roof and I dont sweat it.

The biggest thing I worry about with aluminum boxes is the oxidation over time. I know some folks have lined them with thin rubber or something similar to keep whatever you are storing from beating the insides up (and to keep noise down if you are using them inside your vehicle) and that makes a lot of sense to me.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Glad you brought it back up as well.

My thoughts on boxes like this are kind of similar to some of the discussions about Plano totes vs Pelican. As long as you dont need them to be 100% waterproof (either due to what you are hauling in them or if its bc you use them solely inside your rig) I'm guessing they would be great alternatives. I have recovery gear in an Action Packer that often goes on the roof and I dont sweat it.

The biggest thing I worry about with aluminum boxes is the oxidation over time. I know some folks have lined them with thin rubber or something similar to keep whatever you are storing from beating the insides up (and to keep noise down if you are using them inside your vehicle) and that makes a lot of sense to me.

I lined my boxes with tool box liner and spray adhesive. No more aluminum dust in the box and on everything.

SnoViking

Adventurer
(Sorry for not responding earlier; Life gets busy.....)

After two years both of the cases are still doing great. We have about 40 nights of camping with them and even used the smaller one on some road trips just to keep snacks and foods handy. Both cases have their share of dents and scraps but I still feel like theyre worth the price. It looks like there have been a few Warehouse deals lately and I think these can be imported.

SnoViking

Adventurer

sn_85

Observer
You can get Swiss Link boxes from Camping World now. Pretty decent prices while on sale and Free Shipping too.

You can get Swiss Link boxes from Camping World now. Pretty decent prices while on sale and Free Shipping too.

For some reason they do not offer the large box separately and only offer it in a combo of 3 different sized boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online