AEV Recruit - AEV does the RAM 1500

bdp1978

Adventurer
I consider the Recruit just an advertising package for the parts they are going to produce. I for one, am pumped that AEV is doing 1500 parts. But thats really because I just want a set of Salta's for my 1500.

bigskypylot

Explorer
F.I.A.T. = Fun In All Terrain! R.A.M. = Really Awesome Machine! I could make these up all night...

But don't worry. I won't.

Fix. It. Again, Tony lol

I actually like the Ram. They are a nice looking truck with a great motor. I'm partial to Ford and wish they had a Cummins in their lineup.

malibubts

Adventurer
Excited for the parts individually as well, hopefully they come out with a good selection that isn't too bad on the wallet.

haven

Expedition Leader
https://expeditionportal.com/whats-the-deal-with-aevs-new-recruit/

EXPo's Chris Cordes takes a closer look at how the AEV Recruit package differs from their Prospector package for the Ram 2500. I didn't notice that the Recruit equipment actually costs $2000 more than the Prospector, mostly due to the extra cost of the 4 inch lift for the Ram 1500's independent front suspension.

Chris notes the difference in diesel fuel economy between the Ram 1500 and Ram 2500 as a reason to consider the Recruit. The 6.7L Cummins diesel has about twice as much torque and hp, compared to the 3.0L Ecodiesel in the 1500 series truck.

Chris fails to mention the greater load capacity of the 2500. The Ram 1500 Quad cab Ecodiesel is rated to handle about 1200 lb of cargo, while the Ram 2500 quad cab with Cummins diesel has 2300 lb of cargo capacity.

Here is Ram's convenient calculator for towing and cargo capacity
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/towing_guide/#filter_type_heavy_duty

According to the Ram calculator, the cheapest 2017 Ram 1500 quad cab with Ecodiesel costs about $41,000. The cheapest Ram 2500 quad cab with Cummins diesel costs abou $47,000. Gasoline powered models cost quite a bit less, and have more cargo capacity. But they do get lower mpg.

bijanjames

Adventurer
Wheels are terrible....17" wheels would be much more desirable and I'm with everyone else regarding at least one locker.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I'll be honest- the Recruit pisses me off. When AEV came out with the first Sema concept I was ready to hand over my money to mod my truck. Then when they do release the products they leave out us older suspension folks. I love my "Raised Air intake" and wheels, but I feel like offering a 1/2 ton setup over offering a suspension to trucks like mine is a middle finger to Ram owners who have been begging AEV to provide a suspension system for our trucks. I've personally defended the AEV suspension multiple times for those have argued against it, but this half ton setup confuses the hell out of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles