AEV Recruit - AEV does the RAM 1500

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
What do you expect? I solid front axle graft into the 1500? NOT going to happen. No need for it to happen. They designed a system around what was there. "older suspension" folks, That means you are resistant to future technology? or just crusty and say when I was your age a lot? ha ha!

I think its a great overland platform with a nice suspension, upgraded front bumper that does not look like it was fabbed up in a child's playroom (like so many bumpers these days), and it's keeping it's overall look.

kojackJKU

Yes...the new knuckles are very big. Rumors around have said they are working on a modified 18" to fit to it.

LimaMikeMike

Observer
I'll be honest- the Recruit pisses me off. When AEV came out with the first Sema concept I was ready to hand over my money to mod my truck. Then when they do release the products they leave out us older suspension folks. I love my "Raised Air intake" and wheels, but I feel like offering a 1/2 ton setup over offering a suspension to trucks like mine is a middle finger to Ram owners who have been begging AEV to provide a suspension system for our trucks. I've personally defended the AEV suspension multiple times for those have argued against it, but this half ton setup confuses the hell out of me.

I'd give up on AEV's glorified spacer lift. There are may other options for suspension for your gen truck than there are for the long arm trucks.

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
I'd give up on AEV's glorified spacer lift. There are may other options for suspension for your gen truck than there are for the long arm trucks.

BUT, there is no easy way to fit 40s under a 4 link 4th gen. (like there is with the AEV kit for the radius arm Rams, which moves the front axle forward 1.5") I want to move my front axle of my 2012 forward so badly I can't stand it!!!! Even just keeping my 37s, I'd still like to move it forward as the axle looks much too far back in the wheelwell to me. (and I would like to eventually move to 40s) Also, moving the axle forward would allow me to fit some wheels with less backspacing so I can get my tires off my control arms WITHOUT having to worry about trimming the back of the wheelwells. (there are several large electrical connectors right behind the inner liner of the driver's front tire which i doubt would allow for much clearance gained there without cutting the footwell floorboard to recess the connectors into it) With the AEV kit, this movement of the axle is cheap and easy (comparatively) for the 2014+ vs trying to do so in an earlier 4th gen (like my 2012) is a pricey custom job. I have a full Carli suspension, their older version of the 2.5 Performance (not the new long armed one):
3" lift
2.5" remote reservoir stainless shafted King shocks
Fabbed towers
MIG/mild control arms
Now a new style trackbar (just freshly upgraded it!)
Full replacement rear leaves (their standard pack)
Thuren rear shackles

The only thing I really don't like is that I wish the front axle was pushed forward. (preferably 1.5" then, AEV's flares would be an option! (though honestly, I'd probably just sawzall my fenders, trails around here are a bit tight for my truck as it is without big flares, and I am a cheapskate, LOL!))

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer

I agree- there's a lot of options to explore (Carli, Thuren, etc.) but living in Missoula I had hoped to support a local company. For now I'll just run my 285/75's and make a decision on a lift when these wear out.

Clutch

<---Pass
I agree- there's a lot of options to explore (Carli, Thuren, etc.) but living in Missoula I had hoped to support a local company. For now I'll just run my 285/75's and make a decision on a lift when these wear out.

Don't think it matters much, aren't the 2500/3500 Rams built in Mexico anyway? Only some of the 1500's are built in Warren, Michigan, yeah?

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
Don't think it matters much, aren't the 2500/3500 Rams built in Mexico anyway? Only some of the 1500's are built in Warren, Michigan, yeah?

Could be wrong but, I think the 2500/3500 are a mix of of Canada and Mexico for build sites. I know my Power Wagon was built in Mexico. (and was COVERED in dust inside and out, as it seems that a lot of Wagons built in Mexico have been as several people with Mexican built Wagons have noted an abundance of dust)

mikekey

Deplorable
I consider the Recruit just an advertising package for the parts they are going to produce. I for one, am pumped that AEV is doing 1500 parts. But thats really because I just want a set of Salta's for my 1500.

AEV is shilling now. Just like their spacer lift kit. I'll grant them that whoever is there product designer is brillant and talented. But this thing is an ovbious money grab. Nothing about this is serious.

Upgrade to this "2500 style bumper" that does nothing to improve factory approach or ground clearance, just looks nice and adds a spot for a winch. But you will look so cool for all your BROS.

kojackJKU

If you think this is a "BRO" truck... REALLY.....

THIS is a BRO TRUCK....

Brodozer-03.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Could be wrong but, I think the 2500/3500 are a mix of of Canada and Mexico for build sites. I know my Power Wagon was built in Mexico. (and was COVERED in dust inside and out, as it seems that a lot of Wagons built in Mexico have been as several people with Mexican built Wagons have noted an abundance of dust)

Guessing it happens in transit or sitting out side of the factory. The plant is in the middle of the desert 200 miles South of the US Border.

Would think if someone wanted to support American factory workers they would buy a Ford, or even a Toyota Tundra. Some bolt on trinkets from Detroit really isn't going to make a huge difference when the whole truck isn't built here.

If you think this is a "BRO" truck... REALLY.....

THIS is a BRO TRUCK....

Brodozer-03.jpg

Dunno man, me thinks it is the new Bro-Diesel-Sexual-Truck...snorkels are like stacks....

I mean...can't get much more phallic than this...

dsc-8195-1.jpg

Well you can...

002-2015-aev-prospector-dodge-ram-2500-diesel-with-ktm-1190-adventure-r.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
DId I touch a nerve Clutch? I guess your truck is a BroDozer.....sorry to hear that!

No, not all.

I run a basically stock vehicles. No stacks, no snorkels, no 20"+ wheels.

My joking must of got lost in translation on the intergoogle machine with ya....*cornfused*

Both the Bro-Dozer and the AEV 1500 Eco diesel are kinda silly. Those huge tires will just kill the mileage on the Ecodiesel...honestly rather have it bone stock, and try and get the best mpg out of it. Think that means I am getting old. ;) :D

kojackJKU

I think so!

No stacks or snorkels here either...but I will take the rest of it. With the diesel 1500, you may loose an MPG with the tires, that's it. torque is your friend there. if it were the hemi, yep, watch it drop, the ecodiesl, nah. My last diesel truck, you hardly lost any gas milage towing a camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior