AEV Recruit - AEV does the RAM 1500

Clutch

<---Pass
Clutch, step back and read your posts on this (and other) thread(s). You repeat the same message over and over again on topics you don't have experience with - message (1) nothing new has value, you want simpler, more payload, more mpg, for less money, want manual windows, vinyl, no truck on the market has the value to get you out of your 200k+ miles tacoma, (2) in your view using a clutch somehow = being active. (What about actual physical activity outside of vehicle?) (3) rather than topic being discussed, photo of your dirtbike, indicating you'd rather ride you dirtbike.

Why don't you do a paragraph on each of those messages, start a new thread with it in there and then everytime you're going to rewrite that message, just hyperlink to it. It would save a lot of paper.

Yeah, don't even know why I even frequent this forum. Same ******** over and over.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Clutch, step back and read your posts on this (and other) thread(s). You repeat the same message over and over again on topics you don't have experience with - message (1) nothing new has value, you want simpler, more payload, more mpg, for less money, want manual windows, vinyl, no truck on the market has the value to get you out of your 200k+ miles tacoma, (2) in your view using a clutch somehow = being active. (What about actual physical activity outside of vehicle?) (3) rather than topic being discussed, photo of your dirtbike, indicating you'd rather ride you dirtbike.

Why don't you do a paragraph on each of those messages, start a new thread with it in there and then everytime you're going to rewrite that message, just hyperlink to it. It would save a lot of paper.

The guy can't post his opinion? Personally I find his interesting because he isn't easily swayed by shiny parts and marketing hype.

Clutch

<---Pass
The guy can't post his opinion? Personally I find his interesting because he isn't easily swayed by shiny parts and marketing hype.

I see Ryan's point...I tend to say the same crap over and over (I am just cheap ol' SOB stuck in my ways)...probably annoys most people. Though....there are a lot of us on here that just same the same crap over and over...

What I notice with Ryan, he likes to lurk then make personal attacks...where-as most of us complain or praise products and manufactures. And well, then there is Zimm... ha ha!

Clutch

<---Pass
Bah, he's a grouchy ol fool. Ban him!

-
:victory:

Ha ha!

ban_hammer.jpg

goodcat8

Observer
Isn't the 1500 getting a full redesign in 2019...
Also, are the parts going to be available individually, like the HD parts, or is it a full kit only situation?

Last edited:

Wirebrush

Observer
For $15k couldn't you just upgrade to a Power Wagon?

My thoughts, exactly. For about the same money you can get a Tradesman Power Wagon with taller suspension, skid plates, and Bilsten shocks, but you also get a winch, lockers, disconecting sway bar, lower gears, and beefier axles, brakes, steering components etc., that will stand up to the larger tires.

goodcat8

Observer
They sell the suspension by itself. I don't think it would be reasonable or possible to use just parts of it, since the drop depends on the spindles and the spindles depend on the drop.

I don't think that the $3k asking price is out of line either. The 2.5" Mopar lift is about $1200 retail and it's really quite nice (I have it on my 1500) but it gives up every bit of extension travel in front that it gains in lift.

The 4" Mopar kit with drop could be considered roughly equivalent in elevation and maybe in travel to this kit, and it's about the same price at $2900 retail. AEV's has lighter weight knuckles and more ground clearance for the same money.

Individual sale in regards to the bumper and hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles