How High?

apruitt9

Adventurer
I have a CVT Mt. Rainer(?), I recently purchased a trailer that I want to mount the tent to. Is there a required height for the tent to be mounted at to get use out of the annex room? Top of the trailer rails are right around 3ft, need to get to work on the rack! Thanks!

Box Rocket

I have a CVT Mt. Rainer(?), I recently purchased a trailer that I want to mount the tent to. Is there a required height for the tent to be mounted at to get use out of the annex room? Top of the trailer rails are right around 3ft, need to get to work on the rack! Thanks!

Generally speaking most annexes are designed around a tent mounted 6' to 6'6" high. There is some wiggle room so don't worry about hitting that height exactly but it's a good target.
This is for utilizing the full height of the annex, and so most people won't have to duck under the cantilevered portion of the tent. Tents can be mounted lower but there will be slack in the annex walls unless the annex is designed to be able to take up the slack in some way.

Hoghead

Observer
My CVT tent annex is designed for the slack to be taken up, just an FYI. At least I believe that is what the Velcro at the top of the annex is to be used for. I would plan to make it tall enough that you don't have to duck below it all of the time. That is a bit of a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94