"Wynona" - 2000 Chevrolet Express

AAAAwww man, nice! Love the xtra nice touches on the roof and bumper. Any thoughts towards a winch......mayb hidden. That's a little bit of grille goin on, nice look about it though. This is the direction I would and have put much thought into in the future forme. Very nice man looks great. I'll follow

Thanks for the kind words. If I ever end up in the mountains then yes a rear locker and possibly a winch would be ideal.

My friend just bought a 99 chevy 3500 2wd srw box van, are there any spindle lifts that will work ?

I know that Weldtec has a great lift option. You may look through this thread for more info
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...WD-Van-Info-thread-(All-years-1500-2500-3500)

Last edited:
Liking the sink box, how heavy is it? Good idea to just use cut outs as handles.

It's probably about 40 lbs. It barely fits between my front two seats which is why I just used cut outs. Plus now I can lay it on it's side and slide it under the bed if I want to. My first few uses with it I just left it outside on a stool while camping for the weekend. Makes cleaning up dishes and brushing teeth so much easier. Here are some finished pics of it. I decided to stain the outside and I had plenty of white paint left over from another project for the inside.

aimeJz4.jpg

yDzrDAT.jpg

uNmMyyu.jpg

Last edited:

bald.eagle

Observer
Great lookin' van! I currently have a Suburban, but at 200K I feel I need a backup plan, and right now the GM vans fit the bill. I also don't have much of a need for 4WD, but a van with some extra ground clearance, maybe a beefed up rear axle, that'll suit my needs just fine. We have 3 kids and I don't do any "real" offroading anymore, but I'd like to be able to reach some campsites a little more remote than the local KOA.

What size lift blocks did you use out back? I like the stance you achieved with the lift. Do you know the width/offset of the wheels you chose?

Again, great job on the van- what an improvement over a factory style conversion!

What size lift blocks did you use out back? I like the stance you achieved with the lift. Do you know the width/offset of the wheels you chose?

Again, great job on the van- what an improvement over a factory style conversion!

Thanks for the kind words. I used 4" lift blocks and here are the exact wheels I put on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KKXYAO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But to be honest. The front lift spindles widened the stance by a couple inches overall so I probably shouldn't have gone with the offset I did which pushed them out even further. I had to trim more off the front bumper and extension than I had originally intended. I have to be careful about hitting dips or bumps when the wheels are slightly turned or they still make a small amount of contact.

Last edited:

Len.Barron

Observer
Thanks for the kind words. I used 4" lift blocks and here are the exact wheels I put on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KKXYAO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But to be honest. The front lift spindles widened the stance by a couple inches overall so I probably shouldn't have gone with the offset I did which pushed them out even further.
I'd be curious what your total track width is up front (outside edge of the tire tread). I'm guessing by looking that it will be in the 81" range...pretty close to where mine will end up..

I'm putting the same lift on my van. Can you tell me where you got longer brake lines? Thanks.

I didn't need much longer so after reading a bunch of brake hose specifications on O'reillys website I found Brake Best BH38620 and BH38621 have the same fittings on each end but were about 1.5 inches longer.

I'd be curious what your total track width is up front (outside edge of the tire tread). I'm guessing by looking that it will be in the 81" range...pretty close to where mine will end up..

Spot on, right at 81"

ditto what others said the lift/height is perfect, looks great!

Thanks!!

Ricjames81

I found that GM used the same front spindle on the 96-02 2wd G1500 Express van as the 90's 2wd 1500 C platform pickup trucks, Suburbans, Tahoes. So the readily available 4" lift spindles for those trucks would be a bolt on deal for my van. I ordered Rough Country 7500 lift spindles, lift blocks, and a u-bolt kit. I figured as long as I was pulling everything apart it would be a great time for new upper and lower ball joints, any needed steering components, and new shocks front and back.

A long day of driveway wrenching and Wynona is taller...
Im looking to do the same thing on 98 express. More info on the lift?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke