2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

earljuic3

Adventurer
My wife and I have decided we want to reduce the number of vehicles in the driveway so I have decided to sell my 2002 Mitsubishi Motero Limited. This truck was purchased new from the dealer by my father in 02' and I inherited it a few years later when I graduated from high school. This truck has been like a member of my family and I will be sorry to see it go. This truck has never been wrecked, abused, or run hard. I commuted with the truck for several years 3-4 days a week, it has been in the sand and snow a few times but that is the extent of its off road usage. About 6 months ago I purchased a 2016 Honda Civic to commute with and the truck has been driven very occasionally since then. I work full time and go to school full time at night and do not have the time to enjoy the truck or work on it. I have spent thousands of dollars maintaining this vehicle to the best of my ability and I strongly believe whoever ends up with the truck will have a great platform to build off of. This truck has the potential to be a really amazing over-landing vehicle. The truck shows normal signs of wear for a 15 year old vehicle. The interior is in better shape than most Montero's I have seen in this age group.

Things I have done to the truck:

@ 100k miles: Done by Dealer
Timing Belt
Tensioner
Cam and Crank Seals / O-rings
Water Pump
New Style Crankshaft Bolt
Timing Belt Pulley
Idler Pulley
Coolant Flush
Cooling Fan Assembly Bracket
Plugs
Wires

Since 100k miles I have replaced:
All 3 Coil Packs
Rear Lower Control Arms
All Ball Joints
Outer Tie Rod Ends
All Stablizer Bar Links
Sway Bar Bushings
Front CV Axles
4WD Transmission Sensors
Y-Pipe Catalytic Convertors (OEM quality replacement)
Most of the exhaust piping has been replaced
Cabin Air Filter
Engine Air Filter
Bosch AGM Battery
O2 Sensors
Driver Front Wheel Hub Assembly
OME HD Suspension
Cooper ST/MAXX 285/75/R16 (Tires are practically new)
Dealer serviced sun-roof and loc-tited set screws (common issue)

Big Deal: I had the dealer replace the Hydraulic Brake Booster system and all the relays with the newer style. This was a $2700 upgrade.

Truck has been professionally tinted (has lifetime warranty). Carbon Tint.
Scan-Gauge II (comes with truck)
Pioneer Double-Din
3rd Row Sub-Woofer replaced with POLK speaker
All interior lights upgraded to LED's
Rear-End lights upgraded to LED's
I have all the LED's to do the gauge cluster and will give them to the new buyer.
Truck has VIPER remote start system. However, new owner will need to go to authorized dealer and buy remotes to be able to use it. 100% functional with proper remotes.

There is not much I don't know about this truck and I want to be very forthcoming with what I know to be wrong with it.

The truck needs:
Antenna needs to be replaced.
Fuel gauge works intermittently, I am fairly sure it needs a new fuel sending unit installed.
As mentioned earlier, I replaced the driver side wheel hub assembly about two months ago. The passenger side is starting to show signs it needs to be replaced as well. Truck drives fine but I would recommend new owner addresses sooner than later.
Some very small starburst cracks in the windshield that have been treated to keep them from spreading.
There is a small crack in the driver side door where the hinge connects to the body and it makes a slight noise when opening the door.
Truck could really stand for new door speakers.

Other than these small issues there is nothing wrong with this truck!

The aluminum lines that run to the rear heater core corroded over time and I have bypassed them. The 3rd row AC still works fine.

The truck also has dealer installed wind / bug deflectors that have been on it since we purchased it. I have the factory running boards and third row bench and head-rests.

135k Miles

I would really prefer to see someone from this board end who is going to appreciate it end up with this truck but I am going to attempt to sell it locally and I don't think I will have a hard time getting rid of it.

Asking $7500.00 Located in Norfolk, Virginia 23509

Feel free to email me earlmason.toler@ge.com or PM me here for more details or my phone number. I am willing to work with someone on shipping the truck if someone long distance wants it.

Thanks for looking.

g60SkQH.jpg

rbQlEZj.jpg

0H73uln.jpg

R12YsSH.jpg

3o1SdxR.jpg

2KZx3f5.jpg

XN21Jdl.jpg

FRe6FbK.jpg

XzZ6e4b.jpg

OWAQzfa.jpg

WkKxzX8.jpg

fVF21De.jpg

phd3gzt.jpg

A6T3VgJ.jpg

OYo70jP.jpg

cLDMvdT.jpg

kchristian

Adventurer
GLWS Bump

For anyone wondering about the legitimacy of these unibody Monteros, our 2002 took us all over the US, Mexico and Central America in total comfort. We had to look for places that were a challenge and we only ever got stuck once in Wyoming off-roading in the snow. I own a 100 series Land Cruiser now and there isn't anything I really can say I like better about it over the Montero besides the extra 2 cylinders (with their accompanying hit in MPG) The montero feels smaller on the outside and bigger on the inside. I loved mine.

Here it is somewhere in El Salvador:
attachment.php

AZPAJERO

Observer
GLWS Bump

For anyone wondering about the legitimacy of these unibody Monteros, our 2002 took us all over the US, Mexico and Central America in total comfort. We had to look for places that were a challenge and we only ever got stuck once in Wyoming off-roading in the snow. I own a 100 series Land Cruiser now and there isn't anything I really can say I like better about it over the Montero besides the extra 2 cylinders (with their accompanying hit in MPG) The montero feels smaller on the outside and bigger on the inside. I loved mine.

Here it is somewhere in El Salvador:
attachment.php

Wow. Pretty 'ringing' endorsement. Very cool.

Good looking Monte Earljuice.....GLWS

mbialick

My wife and I have decided we want to reduce the number of vehicles in the driveway so I have decided to sell my 2002 Mitsubishi Motero Limited. This truck was purchased new from the dealer by my father in 02' and I inherited it a few years later when I graduated from high school. This truck has been like a member of my family and I will be sorry to see it go. This truck has never been wrecked, abused, or run hard. I commuted with the truck for several years 3-4 days a week, it has been in the sand and snow a few times but that is the extent of its off road usage. About 6 months ago I purchased a 2016 Honda Civic to commute with and the truck has been driven very occasionally since then. I work full time and go to school full time at night and do not have the time to enjoy the truck or work on it. I have spent thousands of dollars maintaining this vehicle to the best of my ability and I strongly believe whoever ends up with the truck will have a great platform to build off of. This truck has the potential to be a really amazing over-landing vehicle. The truck shows normal signs of wear for a 15 year old vehicle. The interior is in better shape than most Montero's I have seen in this age group.

Things I have done to the truck:

@ 100k miles: Done by Dealer
Timing Belt
Tensioner
Cam and Crank Seals / O-rings
Water Pump
New Style Crankshaft Bolt
Timing Belt Pulley
Idler Pulley
Coolant Flush
Cooling Fan Assembly Bracket
Plugs
Wires

Since 100k miles I have replaced:
All 3 Coil Packs
Rear Lower Control Arms
All Ball Joints
Outer Tie Rod Ends
All Stablizer Bar Links
Sway Bar Bushings
Front CV Axles
4WD Transmission Sensors
Y-Pipe Catalytic Convertors (OEM quality replacement)
Most of the exhaust piping has been replaced
Cabin Air Filter
Engine Air Filter
Bosch AGM Battery
O2 Sensors
Driver Front Wheel Hub Assembly
OME HD Suspension
Cooper ST/MAXX 285/75/R16 (Tires are practically new)
Dealer serviced sun-roof and loc-tited set screws (common issue)

Big Deal: I had the dealer replace the Hydraulic Brake Booster system and all the relays with the newer style. This was a $2700 upgrade.

Truck has been professionally tinted (has lifetime warranty). Carbon Tint.
Scan-Gauge II (comes with truck)
Pioneer Double-Din
3rd Row Sub-Woofer replaced with POLK speaker
All interior lights upgraded to LED's
Rear-End lights upgraded to LED's
I have all the LED's to do the gauge cluster and will give them to the new buyer.
Truck has VIPER remote start system. However, new owner will need to go to authorized dealer and buy remotes to be able to use it. 100% functional with proper remotes.

There is not much I don't know about this truck and I want to be very forthcoming with what I know to be wrong with it.

The truck needs:
Antenna needs to be replaced.
Fuel gauge works intermittently, I am fairly sure it needs a new fuel sending unit installed.
As mentioned earlier, I replaced the driver side wheel hub assembly about two months ago. The passenger side is starting to show signs it needs to be replaced as well. Truck drives fine but I would recommend new owner addresses sooner than later.
Some very small starburst cracks in the windshield that have been treated to keep them from spreading.
There is a small crack in the driver side door where the hinge connects to the body and it makes a slight noise when opening the door.
Truck could really stand for new door speakers.

Other than these small issues there is nothing wrong with this truck!

The aluminum lines that run to the rear heater core corroded over time and I have bypassed them. The 3rd row AC still works fine.

The truck also has dealer installed wind / bug deflectors that have been on it since we purchased it. I have the factory running boards and third row bench and head-rests.

135k Miles

I would really prefer to see someone from this board end who is going to appreciate it end up with this truck but I am going to attempt to sell it locally and I don't think I will have a hard time getting rid of it.

Asking $7500.00 Located in Norfolk, Virginia 23509

Feel free to email me earlmason.toler@ge.com or PM me here for more details or my phone number. I am willing to work with someone on shipping the truck if someone long distance wants it.

Thanks for looking.

g60SkQH.jpg

rbQlEZj.jpg

0H73uln.jpg

R12YsSH.jpg

3o1SdxR.jpg

2KZx3f5.jpg

XN21Jdl.jpg

FRe6FbK.jpg

XzZ6e4b.jpg

OWAQzfa.jpg

WkKxzX8.jpg