Killer LR3 Seen in STL- Who's Is It?

mmbirtcher

Observer
This ride was in the parking lot at the gym in Richmond Heights today. Nice ride! Who's is it? I'd love to swing by and check it out!

IMG_1350.jpg

mmbirtcher

Observer
Well check that out! I looked up some of your posts and can't believe I haven't seen your Tacoma around?! Are you north of 40/64, it looked like it in the one picture?

IMG_6170.jpg

Here's my 4Runner up at Schnucks. I'm soon to hand it down to my stepson, to be replaced by an LR3 (at least that's the plan).

4xdog

Explorer
Yep, I'm just north of Highway 40 close to St Mary's Hospital.

My Tacoma's around all the time, but it doesn't park on the street so it'll only be seen out and about. Just brought it back from San Diego, where it had been for a month as my drive out and back was split by flying here and there in the middle. Anza-Borrego, Joshua Tree, Death Valley, Zion, and Bryce Canyon on the way back -- great trip, and the Tacoma did great. I'd have a very hard time moving to a LR3 from a Toyota-family product. (I have a 1962 Triumph TR3 I've owned for 36 years, so I can get my British fix anytime I like, and don't need it twice.)

Here it is at Joshua Tree National Park last Saturday:
i-DPBQfss-X2.jpg

Guys cool it! You are going to get us Missouri folks in trouble posting all those non-land rovers on the LR page.... :).

Columbia MO here.

Recently purchased '13 LR4 that's about to begin mods in prep for summer adventure(s). Perhaps someday mine will look at cool as @srschick wheels above. So very nice.

mmbirtcher

Observer
Just saw a post about yours on another thread @ClearwaterScott, about your winch install. If you were local I was going to offer a hand, but Columbia is a bit far... Good luck with the install. I hope to do a hidden winch on my next vehicle.

@mmbirtcher -- Dude, amazingly generous offer. I am, fortunately or unfortunately, located in COMO. Since the LR still has to pose as a grown up car I went the hidden route. I am trying to be patient with the the project. There are a lot of opportunities for error (like who sells a mounting kit with 3 different sized spacers and does NOT include direction on why/where??) with very little room for forgiveness. Perhaps when I am finished I will post an updated users guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier