Do you need a carry weapon? [PSA]

gravedgr

SE Expedition Society
I know this is off topic, but this deal is too good to not pass along to all my friends in the overlanding world.

Some of you know I'm a big proponent of concealed carry for self defense (lookin' at you, Jason). If anyone needs or would like an additional concealed carry pistol, you can't go wrong with the M&P Shield - small frame, single stack and generally regarded as one of the best 3 choices available.

Well, currently there is a huge sale going on where it can be obtained for $240 shipped after a rebate. This is a $450 pistol available for nearly half price. Almost any online store (and I'd assume many local gun stores) should offer it at ~$314.99 with a $75 mail in rebate from S&W (I got mine here: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...-wesson-m-and-p-shield/brand/smith-and-wesson ). I bought one even though I don't plan to use it just because it was too good to pass up. If you're in N. Ga, Cherokee Gun & Pawn does free transfers.

Anyhow, just wanted to share. Almost everyone I've told about the deal has bought one. ;)

* I'm not affiliated with anyone or anything mentioned here

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
Man that's a good deal. I'd be all over that if I didn't just pick up a Ruger LCP Custom from Field and Stream for $219 out the door. Some system screw up where the custom was on sale for the sale price of the normal one. Works for me:coffeedrink:

SursOverland

Observer
I ordered one from them a week and a half ago. It finally shipped today. The shipping has been so delayed due to order volume.

Happykamper

Explorer
The M&P shield is a very easy to use conceal! I have one as does my wife. I would recommend this handgun to any person wanting either a conceal or home protection weapon.
Thank you for the heads up on this, it's funny I heard an ad while listening to Rush this morning while changing oil in the toys out in my barn ! I completely spaced it till now. I just got done ordering another for .....well actually because I just can't pass on a great deal.

Be well and be safe

gravedgr

SE Expedition Society
I ordered one from them a week and a half ago. It finally shipped today. The shipping has been so delayed due to order volume.
Mine arrived Tuesday, just need to find some time to go pick it up (and leave my credit card at home - things tend to find their way into my shopping bag at the gun store).

The M&P shield is a very easy to use conceal! I have one as does my wife. I would recommend this handgun to any person wanting either a conceal or home protection weapon.
Thank you for the heads up on this, it's funny I heard an ad while listening to Rush this morning while changing oil in the toys out in my barn ! I completely spaced it till now. I just got done ordering another for .....well actually because I just can't pass on a great deal.

Be well and be safe
I run a full size and have tried to get my wife to ditch her LC9 for a Shield, but she isn't a huge fan. Now she has no reason not to try it some more.

Hehe, nice shout out, LOL!

That's a great price for a good gun. Thanks for the heads up!
You bet. You guys are going to Pisgah, right?

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
You bet. You guys are going to Pisgah, right?

It's not looking too good right now, I might be leaving for a business trip to ID that Monday with a friend. I'm not cancelling my serrations just in case the ID trip falls through, but I won't know for sure until we get closer.

FordGuy1

Adventurer

Be well and be safe

I would agree, I carry a Sheild, Glock 19 and a Walther PPQm2. Not a Glock fan but it shoots great, never jams. My Shield went back to the factory 3 times.

fjmario

Adventurer
Glad I found this thread....

Im currently planning a 9 day trip through some remote areas of CA, and possible bear country.
Ive shot guns that belong to friends before but never really had interest in owning one but now im looking into it.

Id like a handgun I can carry in my FJ when im out adventuring. I dont need anything fancy, just something basic thatll stop a sketchy woods hills have eyes type a person, or hopefully scare off/ slow down a bear thats about to attack me.

Any suggestions? Im looking to stay around $300ish

gwittman

Adventurer
You may be able to scare of a bear with small arms by firing it into the ground but trying to slow down a bear by shooting it will just piss it off. Even big guns can have a difficult time stopping a bear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles