Baja 2017

Desert Rat 1

Adventurer
Coco's Corner

Then after picking up some stuff we left at the hotel in Cataviña, we continued south down Hwy 1, then turned east on Hwy 5 towards Calamajue.
The highway paving efforts in progress. That excavator was hanging over the edge of the cliff.

Beer stop at Coco's.

We finally got to San Luis Gonzaga Bay and camped that night at Rancho Grande. Nice camp.

Last edited:

Desert Rat 1

Adventurer
San Luis Gonzaga Bay 1

We spent three glorious day here, just relaxing and enjoying this wonderful place.
The following day

Last edited:

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
You should be ok. if you have a locker, you just do not want to break down. Driver skill is the KEY! I did it back in time on Lexus LX 450 no locker and no sliders and on 34" tires.

Tucsontom

Adventurer
That trail been on my list for some time. Lots of time spent at Gonzga Bay. From waht I have seeen on maps your route is a dead aend and you can not connect to Gonzga bay. True? I have a 2016 4RunnerTrial edition - rear locker - ICON stage 5 suspension which means about a 2.5" lift over stock with BFG KO2's/some skid plates etc. . So a bit longer and a bit lower than your rigs. I will ahve at least one similar vehicle - I would not do this one alone. Should I expect some minor body damage with my truck?

devero4

Adventurer
That trail been on my list for some time. Lots of time spent at Gonzga Bay. From waht I have seeen on maps your route is a dead aend and you can not connect to Gonzga bay. True? I have a 2016 4RunnerTrial edition - rear locker - ICON stage 5 suspension which means about a 2.5" lift over stock with BFG KO2's/some skid plates etc. . So a bit longer and a bit lower than your rigs. I will ahve at least one similar vehicle - I would not do this one alone. Should I expect some minor body damage with my truck?
https://expeditionportal.com/viva-baja/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles