Solo Stove Bonfire vs Breeo Double Flame

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
A friend of mine has the Breeo and I've been using the Bonfire for about 6 weeks now. The Bonfire is really nice and had me wholly impressed before I even lit a fire in it. You can read my review here: https://expeditionportal.com/field-tested-solo-stove-bonfire/

Although I've only used the Breeo a couple of times, I think the two are very similar in terms of performance but I would give the Bonfire the nod as the better stove on a couple of points. It seems more refined. This is coming from a place of unabashed bias as the Bonfire has become one of my new favorite things. Sure does work damn well.

Last edited:

skivan

CN -- just read that article then promptly purchased. thanks for that. looking forward to using the bonfire.

and 15% off right now with code EASTER15 till monday made it 255 w free shipping. i couldn't deal with the login to post a comment on your article. maybe you'd add/update?

i called and they were nice folks.

cheers

4RBuddha

A friend of mine has the Breeo and I've been using the Bonfire for about 6 weeks now. The Bonfire is really nice and had me wholly impressed before I even lit a fire in it. You can read my review here: https://expeditionportal.com/field-t...stove-bonfire/

Although I've only used the Breeo a couple of times, I think the two are very similar in terms of performance but I would give the Bonfire the nod as the better stove on a couple of points. It seems more refined. This is coming from a place of unabashed bias as the Bonfire has become one of my new favorite things. Sure does work damn well.

Thanks Chris, I was looking at the Breeo when I saw your article on the front page. Sounds like you really can't go wrong with either.

Last edited by a moderator:

chicane

Chris
You also got me with that article and then I saw the easter discount and it's on the way. :campfire:

You should now try the Rocky Mountain SuzieQ as your bike backing bike. Maybe even stuff 29inch plus tires in it.:Wow1:

BTCSXJ

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Flame-Genie-12-75-in-W-Black-Steel-Wood-Burning-Fire-Pit/1000158159

I would recommend checking out the Flame Genie. It's primarily designed to burn wood pellets, but numerous people have used it with success with firewood as long as it's chopped small enough to fit inside.

Personally, I love the wood pellets as a fuel source. For one, they are MUCH cheaper than buying firewood from say a gas station. 20lbs burns for roughly 4 hours and a 40lb bag is about $8 from Lowes or Home Depot. Second, because they come in a bag they are much easier and cleaner to transport than a bunch of logs (and insects) rolling around the interior of my truck. Last... it's 2-3 times cheaper than the alternatives you've posted above and easy to return to your local HomeDepot if you don't love it ;)

java

Expedition Leader
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Flame-Genie-12-75-in-W-Black-Steel-Wood-Burning-Fire-Pit/1000158159

I would recommend checking out the Flame Genie. It's primarily designed to burn wood pellets, but numerous people have used it with success with firewood as long as it's chopped small enough to fit inside.

Personally, I love the wood pellets as a fuel source. For one, they are MUCH cheaper than buying firewood from say a gas station. 20lbs burns for roughly 4 hours and a 40lb bag is about $8 from Lowes or Home Depot. Second, because they come in a bag they are much easier and cleaner to transport than a bunch of logs (and insects) rolling around the interior of my truck. Last... it's 2-3 times cheaper than the alternatives you've posted above and easy to return to your local HomeDepot if you don't love it ;)

Very interesting, I like the price! Not available at any of my local Lowes, or able to order to them.... Weird. Its on amazon though.

4RBuddha

Cool, thanks for the link!

dstock

Explorer
Does anyone know if you can use the Solo Bonfire in CA?

I doubt it, the only way the Campfire in a Can and the like are approved is because they are considered propane stoves. They don't actually burn any fuel other then propane.

However, for somewhere like Anza Borrego where you aren't allowed to have a campfire directly on the ground, the Solo would be perfect.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles