Bilstien 6112 lift for 1st gen Tundra

kyana

I currently have a 2'' spacer lift on my 06 Tundra...I hate it, I'm looking at replacing it with a full suspension lift kit. I've looked at the toytec lifts, OME, and the bilstien 5100. The 6112 seems to be just released for the tundra, finally! I was leaning towards the OME, which I think would suit my needs. I don't get into anything crazy, no rock crawling or anything extreme. I use my truck for work daily, so I have to have that in mind. Occasionally tow a 4500lb. Trailer so I have to have my truck serve dual purposes.

The 6112 kit would be the 6112 up front, 5160s in the rear, some sort of helper spring. Maybe the icon. And I think I'm going to go ahead and put upper control arms on it, no matter what I end up with.

No one can give me a solid answer on how much lift this would give me. I hear at least 2'' and up to 2.5''. I would like as much as possible.

I've read the article for the 6112 for the 4runner, and I've looked around the web. There's a guy I think on tundra solutions who has them in his hands, but has yet to install them on his Tundra.

I'm looking for feedback and any potential problems with what I've stated. I know this might be one of the few Tundra with this set up, if I go this route.

Btw. My truck is a 06 double cab 4x4, since it does change the part numbers for the kit.

no-pistons

Adventurer
6112 lift heights for your applications:
77de17f675648bd278c1d29d692a3a7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyana

I've actually been talking to MTRMotersports about it. They had them on a shop truck, said it did well, but there's was 2wd. They have now switched to kings.

They do have good prices though, and seem to know what they are talking about.

I'm thinking about just ordering them and setting it on the top setting, to get the most lift possible and seeing how they ride.

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
It's weird that MTR says on their site that access can lifts could be 3+ inches of lift but then that chart above says only 1 inch of lift and do not use the top settings for an access cab.

I'm also very interested in these, but I want around 2-3 inches of lift, not just an inch.

kyana

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I really don't want to only end up with 1.5'' lift, otherwise I could just replace the factory Bilstiens and save a ton of money. Or I could go with the 5100's, but it seems weird that the 5100's give a full 2.5'' lift where these are maybe only 2''? I would not consider the 6112's cheap for a shock and spring.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Just FYI...

This is all just FYI as I have NO idea if any of this applies to the 6112s for your application.

I have the Bilstein 6112/Eibach 600lb coils kit on the front and Bilstein 5160/Toytec 2.0 on the rear of my FJC.

All I can say for sure is that on the FJ Forum everyone agrees that Bilstein's front lift estimates are conservative for the FJ Cruiser. The 6112s for FJCs have 5 height adjustments. Owners installing at the slots that Bilstein designates for 2in and 2.5in 'Average Height' are getting more like 2.5in and 2.75-3.0in at those top two positions. Also, the instruction sheet I received for FJCs said nothing about different height settings for the front right/left. That's... odd.

After reading the height would probably be greater than indicated I set my 6112s for a 2.0in height counting on it being a little higher to ride more level with the Toytec 2.0in rear coils I was also mounting, and it pretty much worked out that way.

FJC%20Suspension%20Before_zpstquyk1ss.jpg~original

FJC%20Suspension%20Bilstein_zpspwlmrdun.jpg~original

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior