Headlight adjustment on 2005 suburban

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I tried to adjust my headlight up on my 05 burban....I am maxed out on adjustment and its still not high enough....any ideas what to do?

Burb One

Adventurer
Put more weight in the rear:)

Honestly, i have the same problem... Tried putting spacers in, but when not on high beams, my low beams always seem too low even with adjustment.

Wilbah

Adventurer
I am going to guess that year Surburban has the same "L rod" holders as my 04 Yukon for the headlight assembly. I did notice once when I changed a bulb that the beam was low. I pulled the whole assembly and put it back in and it was fine. Some how I must have had something tweaked "just a hair" on the remount but that translated over the distance the headlight travels meant it was quite off in the aiming. I hope it's as easy a fix for you. I wish I had a more concrete way to describe what was wrong. At least that's a cheap fix if that's what it is! :)

rayra

Expedition Leader
I'd also possible to put the twist-lock bulb mounts back into the lens housing crooked. In which case there's nowhere near enough adjustment to correct for it. Other than that I've got nothing. Other than leveling the vehicle / bringing the nose up. But I don't see that being necessary. How high are you trying to raise the low beams?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
One was spot on, on the Tape method on the garage door, the other is about 8-10" below the tape mark....when I get back from picking my son up at university, I will do the measurements and take some photos....also, mess around with the bulbs and mount again. I will report back next week! Thanks for the tips!

rayra

Expedition Leader
I'll bet the low one is either twist-locked into the lens cockeyed, or the plastic in the adjustment fixture is broken. I chased this myself a while back, after I put my new driver side bulb back in incorrectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online