Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brake issues

Quote Originally Posted by DzlToy View Post
    so with two wheel cylinders per wheel on four wheels how do you magically bleed the drakes with one brake bleeder?

Quote Originally Posted by pugslyyy View Post
    Getting a really good system bleed (including the abs side)
    Be it a good or a bad thing, the FGs in Australia do not have ABS.
    I must admit... even if I stand on my brakes, getting the wheels to lock up on the road is definitely a challenge (and I don't have a box on the back of my truck yet). I guess that locking the wheels on a dirt road would be easier. but I have not really tested that.

So far I have only done a maintenance bleed of my brake system, replacing old fluid for new, but I have not experienced any issues doing this manually. I should add, I did not do the bleed by myself; I had the missus pumping the brake pedal and monitoring the fluid level in the tank while I was under the truck.
    My attempt to build something to go somewhere else...
    Canter4x4.com

Vacuum tanks are worth their weight in gold. I am a believer.
    Cheers,

John

Build pics and major details on instagram pages
    Fuso FG140 2013, 35" Toyo M608, 19.5" Stockton Wheels, RS9000 front shocks, Knoedler air seats, Mastercraft center seat.
    https://www.instagram.com/fuso4x4/
    Dodge Ram '07 6.7 4x4 w/2017 xpcamper v1, 19.5" Rickson wheels, 34" Toyo M608, Hellwig bags/antisway, Bilstein 5100's, Thuren track bar and control arms, Synergy steering.
    https://www.instagram.com/expododge/

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFreak View Post
    Be it a good or a bad thing, the FGs in Australia do not have ABS.
    I must admit... even if I stand on my brakes, getting the wheels to lock up on the road is definitely a challenge (and I don't have a box on the back of my truck yet). I guess that locking the wheels on a dirt road would be easier. but I have not really tested that.

So far I have only done a maintenance bleed of my brake system, replacing old fluid for new, but I have not experienced any issues doing this manually. I should add, I did not do the bleed by myself; I had the missus pumping the brake pedal and monitoring the fluid level in the tank while I was under the truck.
    Bleeding the non-ABS parts of the system is straightforward, it's bleeding the separate ABS system that is the PITA. Maybe having a MUT-III makes it easier.

Sure, it allows you to do a one person bleed, I get that. However, I still don't see how that gets you past the ABS block.

Quote Originally Posted by Amesz00 View Post
    Bit of a follow up on this. As I said in the previous post, I rang around a bunch of brake places in Perth to ask about it, inc getting different compound shoes, and was told by all that there's no such thing.
    Leading me to think that a custom disc conv was going to be the way out.
    My mechanic friend spoke to his brake supplier, and was apparently told that they sell a shoe compound for the jap trucks with crap brakes, that is allegedly a fair bit more 'bitey'..
    So I have a set of these to try out, hoping to get them fitted this
    wkend.
    Fingers crossed.
    Did you ever get these fitted? Any improvement?

Unfortunately they're still sitting in my car,awaiting a good time to do them. For the last couple months every single weekend has been pouring rain here, and I don't have an undercover area to work on it.. ugh. Should be clearing from now so hopefully soon.

Ooh! Rain sounds good. We're like 57 days without a drop here in the other WA. At least the smoke from forest fires in B.C. is starting to clear. We had air quality worse than Beijing for a couple of weeks. August 4th at 10:40 am -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeffrey

Little bit of rain here in BC today but still a pretty bad situation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast