Bumper done.................Fg140

skippythedog

Observer
New bumper completed by Gunderson Speed Shop (Maple Valley WA).
They maintain specs and template if anyone should want one.
$2 grand even, including powdercoating.

...couple of the design elements were the Frenched 4" lights, a 2" receiver, pair of tow eyes (shackles not pictured) w/ smaller eyes to zip tie the shackles to so they don't flop around, couple of rubber snubbers so I can bump a wall or push a car. There are wire chases and eyes to secure the light harnesses on the back side.
No provision (nor desire) for a winch...which should help me resist the temptation of pretending it's a Unimog and keep me out of trouble:snorkel: .
Approximate weight is 140lbs.
Originally, I designed it to use 7" round Hella 500s on the outboard sides but in the end I figured that the 4" LED units are most common and likely to be around for a while....The LEDs have a much lighter electrical demand as well...

The brushguard, though small, has just enough clearance that you can drop the cab pretty hard and the closest it will get is about a 1/2 inch. I heard too many stories about people forgetting to fold down their brushguards and doinking their cab sheet metal......Believe it or not, I can feel the extra 100lbs or so cantilevered out front, and it actually tamed the ride a bit. I have adjustable Rancho shocks and Timbren bump stops in front but that's it.

Attachments

• bumper.jpg.jpg
    bumper.jpg.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20170124_221939928.jpg.jpg
    IMG_20170124_221939928.jpg.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 44
  • ffd.jpg.jpg
    ffd.jpg.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0139.jpg.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg.jpg