Blackduck Facelift

blackduck

Explorer
gauge pod  4 ggs.jpggauge pod  5 ggs.jpggauge pod  6 ggs.jpggauge pod  7 ggs.jpg
Making progress
just have to sort the wiring out under the dash
not a bad spaghetti run under the pod

and John, the botox worked:victory:
got a little work done myself at the same time

blackduck

Explorer
Looks nice. May I ask how did you attach this fixture on the top of dashboard? (inside brackets & screws, glue ??). Photo if possible.

bracket.jpgbrkt fixed.jpgbrkt mounted.jpgpod on.jpg

as requested
mounting bracket
its velcro,d to the dash using that heavy duty black sticky stuff
gotta make sure you clean the gunk of the dash

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I would have thought that your missus might have complained a bit about the ejector seat buttons that you now have fitted. ;)

blackduck

Explorer
When she finds out about them she probably will but if im traveling fast enough when she does i wont hear it.
And i wont be telling her how much it cost

blackduck

Explorer
thermo housing.jpg
the final hurdle
with 2 temp sensors on the thermostat housing and the AC pulley right in the wrong spot some inventiveness was required to mount the gauge sender
a short trip to the truck wreckers and some constructive manual bending and presto a threaded mounting point with doubler plate

blackduck

Explorer
completed.jpg
all finished and working
the fuel gauge was a problem to find with the right resistance spread but VDO managed to find one

next project
remodel the centre console

blackduck

Explorer
Okay Stu, someone's gotta ask....
What are your big red M&Ms for?

switches
there a narva product its a push pull switch with led illumination
i run led work lights on each mirror to light up the side of the truck and one on the back to light up the boat for those early morning and late evening sorties
because i originally planned on 65mm gauges all round but couldnt get a clock and fuel gauge that big i had room to spare
so why not add more switches - lots of switches make it look hi tech

HazMan

Observer
I have a SSA kit and had great dealings with them.

After installation and testing the front was still a little stiff so i asked them for advice, they recommend removing a load leaf after seeing pictures of my shackle angle.

Even sent me another set of U bolts for free .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke