Chinook Concourse on a 4x4 1990 F350 7.3l PS with 100k

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Rig with potential. Agree on the 7.3. Be Interesting to learn about the swap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

blupaddler

Conspirator
"powerstroke" wasn't available until 1994.

It's still an International diesel, just the slow and steady one.

I looked at this yesterday. Price in Sacramento 18k. Looks nice on the outside. Drives well needs front end work drives a little loose. Some electrical problems with dash lights. Gen started right up, roof air worked, dash a/c does not cool, brakes mushy, carpet trash, stereo not working. Needs some TLC and it would be a nice rig. If it was in excellent condition as the ad says I would have picked it up. They got it when their grandfather died and really know very little about it.

Racingdad

Adventurer
I looked at this yesterday. Price in Sacramento 18k. Looks nice on the outside. Drives well needs front end work drives a little loose. Some electrical problems with dash lights. Gen started right up, roof air worked, dash a/c does not cool, brakes mushy, carpet trash, stereo not working. Needs some TLC and it would be a nice rig. If it was in excellent condition as the ad says I would have picked it up. They got it when their grandfather died and really know very little about it.

Yes they know very little is right. I tried to ask them questions and got no answers. After your visit they lowered their asking price to $12,500. I suspect its the 6.9L given the year.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I really doubt it is a 6.9, unless the E-series didnt push the the 7.3 until later in the game.

These are the year breaks I've always run with:

1982–1987 (6.9 L)
1988–1994 (7.3 L)

summit68

Also, it is really 4x4?

Went up Saturday to look it over. Brought my Son to drive our car back. Paperwork is fishy. New title in wife's name shows that it's gas fueled. Husband had told me that the truck was originally a 460 but that Wife's grandfather really wanted a diesel so he spent around $10K to have it converted. Grandfather died before being able to use it. Carfax tells me it recently passed smog. Don't know if they are required for diesel conversions but there is no "BAR" sticker like you would see with a gas to gas engine swap. My guess is that they found a dishonest smog shop that provided a certificate as though it was still a 460. If you live in a rational state with a 25 year rule this wouldn't matter. All you'd need to do is determine what diesel. It's definitely a diesel.

No to many issues. Being in California the smog maybe a problem. Did you like how they put the gas tank in for the generator? Seems like a lot of things were done half ***. I'm looking for a rig to move into and get the heck out of dodge. I really don't mind a little work but I fell they misrepresented it from the beginning. Not a project which this looks like it could be.
Where do you stop. Don't get me wrong this could be a very nice rig for someone. I'm putting my home up for sale and leaving California. Love the state but the politics and cost of living are just going nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94