333,333 and over 800 km to the tank

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Yup, Jag engine. I normally get about 675 kms to a tank but out on the open road, it goes way up. I don't typically drive over 100 km (60 mph) as I travel mainly back roads.

Jwestpro

Explorer
i think you just got a good tank of fuel, maybe ethanol free, without realizing it.... ;) I routinely get 5-10% better on pure gas and especially if traveling at your speed mentioned.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
You guys have much better fuel in the US. I find filling up there gets me better mileage.
i think you just got a good tank of fuel, maybe ethanol free, without realizing it.... ;) I routinely get 5-10% better on pure gas and especially if traveling at your speed mentioned.

I've routinely seen 18-20 and sometimes more on MPG with Victory when speeds are around 55-60mph and not open freeway. Heading to and from the north shore on Oahu when I worked up there not only racked up some miles on her, but she paid me back with good MPGs. That's with my rack and awning installed 24/7.

zelatore

Explorer
Agreed. Aero drag is a killer on these things so keeping the speeds down makes a big difference. A headwind will also be a huge gas-suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior