Econoline headlight retrofits or replacements?

REDOVAL

Adventurer
This is the set we did for my personal van....Morimoto D2S 4.0 projectors, etched lenses from The Retrofit Source, Panamera LED Switchback DRL shrouds, Morimoto Demon Eyes, Morimoto XB55 ballasts, Osram CBI bulbs. The output is unreal (output pic is muted a bit from the cell phone camera)!

Link- http://www.vantageoptics.com/shop/Ford-Econoline-Projector-Advanced-Retrofit-Headlight-Kit-p70629600

Please shoot us an email to vantageoptics@gmail.com if you have questions or concerns about your ideal setup

20170410_071617.jpg

20161215_190008.jpg

15037106_1248227518581735_7024024929569302943_n.jpg

D2S 4.0 CBI XB55 Output.jpg

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
424-250-0270
vantageoptics@gmail.com

REDOVAL

Adventurer
For those of you interested in a set of lights, we are running a promotion ending April 30. Use code EXPOAPRIL17 to save 7% on your order from www.vantageoptics.com! If you were on the fence about a set of custom headlights, now is the time to get them done and save some cash.

20161221_142136.jpg

20160819_181535.jpg

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
424-250-0270
vantageoptics@gmail.com

rdcolorado

Observer
I ordered cibie housings and h4 osram lights from Daniel Stern and I am very happy with the outcome. Also bought part to upgrade jarnes but haven't got that done yet. 10 times better than stock with well defined cutoff. Never had anyone blinking their lights at me so far.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WUzombies

Adventurer
I'm sorry if I overlooked it, but are your lighting solutions 49CFR571.108 compliant? Are they embossed as such?

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I gave these a try. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...fl_title_12?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3UZ8ZL3BLSNBC

Look just like the truck lite, but obviously a bit cheaper. The wires are cloth wrapped, which needs to be wrapped individually with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing to prevent chaffing. I get a small amount of radio interference, mainly from distant radio stations. The beam pattern is as described in reviews. The high beams are super bright. Pair these with rigid industries dot fog lights and there is plenty of light to go around.

Theshwed

Hey Redoval - can I ask who makes the base housing for your e350 Headlights? In a failed attempt to improve my light output on my 2002 E350, I purchased a set of SpecD housing. Two sets have now failed (broken off the front of my right at the mounting point). The hardest offloading my van sees is the white rim trail style trails at idle speed. So my faith in the aftermarket is at a low right now. I am still looking for lighting upgrades though...

REDOVAL

Adventurer
Hey Redoval - can I ask who makes the base housing for your e350 Headlights? In a failed attempt to improve my light output on my 2002 E350, I purchased a set of SpecD housing. Two sets have now failed (broken off the front of my right at the mounting point). The hardest offloading my van sees is the white rim trail style trails at idle speed. So my faith in the aftermarket is at a low right now. I am still looking for lighting upgrades though...

Theshwed,
Those are the housings we use...never had a problem with them breaking in that location. I suspect something might be funky with that particular mounting point on your van. We have beaten our light sets to death on some very rough terrain with only an occasional issue (to be expected pushing hard offroad).

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics

hobietony

Explorer
As another data point, I go the Truck-lites about a year ago, and they are awesome, especially compared to the stock lights. HOWEVER, I found this winter that if I am driving in snow, especially near freezing point, that the LED lights do not melt off the snow, and I repeatedly have to stop and clear the snow from the lights - A total PITA under certain conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles