Econoline headlight retrofits or replacements?

limatangobravo

Observer
I have been staring at my headlights for a year. I hate the way they look with the yellowed hazing that the California sun stamps on the majority of headlight assemblies. I tell myself that I can easily replace the plastic housings as I did 5 years ago. I will of coarse have to do this once again down the road, all the more reason to spend money where I would want it the most.....install a "sealed beam" headlight bulb and bracket assemblies for more adequate options of colors and light output instead of simply dropping in LED light bulbs that will most likely fail driving down a fire road on the maiden voyage in the pitch black night of the Sierra mountains.
So here goes the question, has anyone installed a sealed beam headlight bracket retrofit on their Econoline with out having to change out the headlight panel as well? I much prefer the sealed beam look, and with the daymaker style of sealed beam LED headlight assemblies, this would give a much needed face lift to my yellow hazed headlight assemblies.
I see Wranglers with this easy to fit LED assembly all the time, makes me all the more envious to move forward with a switch. All and any input is most appreciated.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I did the Truck-Lite led direct replacements over a year ago, I'm very happy.

4632-albums830-picture33390.jpg

JJ72Roofer

I bought the retrofit kit from Scott at Vantage Optics. Such a huge improvement over the lame stock headlights.
Email or call him. The lights at night are so much better and they looked so cool. Easy install. A little pricey but no regrets.

Vannibal Smith

Go with vantage optics and don't look back. I've compared a bunch of options, and his were easily the best. And the install is pretty easy too. You won't regret it...just like the other posts said, the light output and color quality at night are extremely better than stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limatangobravo

Observer
I did the Truck-Lite led direct replacements over a year ago, I'm very happy.

4632-albums830-picture33390.jpg

This is the exact style of lights I would like to go with, I do not currently have the sealed beam set up. Did you happen to have the plastic headlight housings before the mentioned and installed lights shown in your picture?

limatangobravo

Observer
If the headlights are simple sealed beams you can get some Hella H4 housings and bulbs. Just be sure to get an upgraded harness.

Should be much less that LEDs .http://www.rallylights.com/all/headlamps

This is an excellent idea and a great source..thank you very much. I don't see the bracket/brackets that mount the sealed beam to the support behind the grill. Did you happen to order anything from this site by chance? Thank you for your input, it's most appreciated.

limatangobravo

Observer
I bought the retrofit kit from Scott at Vantage Optics. Such a huge improvement over the lame stock headlights.
Email or call him. The lights at night are so much better and they looked so cool. Easy install. A little pricey but no regrets.

Lighting is worth every penny, I appreciate the distance that higher quality lights support. Could save a vehicle, an animal or a Human Life for that matter.

JJ72Roofer

Call or email Scott at Vantage optics. I did the upgraded retrofit with the LED and upgraded components. A little pricey but so worth it compared to the stock headlights. Also they look cool. 100% better at night and in bad weather.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
This is the exact style of lights I would like to go with, I do not currently have the sealed beam set up. Did you happen to have the plastic headlight housings before the mentioned and installed lights shown in your picture?

The van came with the standard crappy halogen 5X7 sealed beams.
Installation time was ten mins...
And they are DOT legit too which made my decision very easy.

philos

Explorer
I built my own retrofit projectors using H6054 housings from fleabay and some Amazonian 2.5" projectors.
Cost was around $120 including bulbs, ballasts, relays, etc
Couple years now, no regrets. Just did my wife's Subaru as well last month.

3c29116c4066c14624a8e82c5b1c1b51.jpg

31e100b439542538b765d48f232abd69.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

philos

Explorer
Forgot to mention that the cut off line is super sharp and I never get flashed by opposing traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94