Bed liner on plywood?

quickfarms

Adventurer
Why not just use polyurethane, the boxes in my work truck are now almost 12 years old and still look good with the exception of where the shovels have done some damage to the front of one compartment

steelhd

Observer
8 or 9 years ago I used roll on Herculiner on the plywood rear step decks on my fishing boat. It's on the water year round and it still looks good as new. I used a penetrating epoxy on the underside of the ply to prevent moisture intrusion from underneath. Be sure to to use a UV stabilized product. I spent a bit more abs went with grey Herculiner because it was UV stable without needing a seperate topcoat.

Arclight

SAR guy
Herculiner is easy to apply to clean plywood. The main downside is that it's rough on your hands (upholster or carpet anything your body will rest on frequently) and dust sticks to it.

On the plus side, things don't slide around one it and a coat or two will hide all of the flaws in your carpentry.

Arclight

outofrshell

Adventurer
I applied Herculiner to all of the plywood doors & hatches on my rear seat area storage it adhered good and seems to holding up alright. The secrete to getting a nice even coat is their roller, I bought a 1 Gal. kit that had 2 rollers in it. I did a roll on bed liner job on a Trooper I was going to sell and it had had a vinyl trim on the lower 3rd. The Herculiner went on very even and look great, I had over 1/2 can left but had used the rollers so the next job I tried to buy more of the same rollers and ended up with some POSes that would not even roll so applied it with a brush, not near as even of a coat and I have yet to find the right roller. Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne