Problems installing Swayaway torsion bar in flippac

Mreen428

New to expo. Recently got a flippac with a working torsion bar. Bought a sway a way bar as a back up. Does anyone recommend replacing the torsion bar or waiting for it to fail. I'm nervous when it breaks that it may cause more problems.

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
I would be very cautious attempting to remove an unbroken bar. If you don't have it at the correct alignment when you remove one end it will be under tension. I also wouldn't plan to replace or in the field. It took some effort to remove my broken one and to insert he new one. I used a 2 pronged steering wheel puller and a battery operated impact gun. It still took some real persuading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wait for failure.... there is no evidence it WILL fail, there just seem to be batches that were prone to failure - at least in my reading. My only thought might be if your FlipPac came from a real wet climate?.... then you might have a point. You can certainly make due out in the field until you get back home if you break one, although it will a pain...

If you do decide to attempt, make sure the lid is 90 degrees open... and even then there may be some slight tension on the bar...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles