Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 23-25 2017 -- Trans-NJ, anyone?

Default June 23-25 2017 -- Trans-NJ, anyone?

I'm thinking about doing a trans-NJ trip (inspired by this: http://www.disconnectedoffroad.com/f...w-jersey-trail). Anyone interested? I'm guessing it'll be 400+ miles of dirt roads and nothing remotely taxing, but I need some time off pavement.

Edit: We're now looking at June 23-25 (leaving Friday morning and finishing Sunday evening). Once we have a confirmed group, we can get into some more specific planning.

Who's going?

Full trip:
    1) JLee
    2) SnoViking
    3) rouselle (via r/overlanding)
    4) overlandnyc
    5) toy4runner (via T4R)
    6) Sleeter (OutboundOverland)
    7) J053619 (via T4R)
    8) Krayziekid (via T4R)
    9) Contact Lost (via T4R)
    10) Kashoggio (via T4R)

Day 3:
    11) Evilfj
    Last edited by JLee; 06-21-2017 at 12:32 AM.
    2005 Lexus GX470 w/KDSS

This is all mapped out? I always hear about it but can't remember if I've seen a thread on someone completing the "full size" version. I'd be interested, possibly. Have to see if I can get out.

I know there's a guy who runs a NTJT website (https://xplorr313.wixsite.com/tnjt) who has run it with full size. I actually recently sent him an e-mail asking for a GPX file that's hopefully a little more cleaned up than the DisconnectedOffroad one.

Interested to hear about how this goes, JLee.

D@mn... We're booked that weekend, otherwise we'd be in.

I saw a bit ago that Leon over at Mid-Atlantic Expeditions did a modified truck route based on the bike route. I'm hunting around for a GPX or route file now.

(I'm also pretty booked up until June; Maybe a June run is in order)
    -Patrick

When you're home, you dream of adventure. When you're on adventure, you dream of home... ... ...

Lexus GX460 ("Land Cruiser Lite" URJ150)

My Adventures @Instagram: Advtr_On

Actually just heard back from Leon, who runs the site.

He said: "My files/version of the route was 100% ready until I ran into some issues with the file being too large. I'm breaking the route down into 3 sections; North, Central, and South. Once I finish doing the breaking down, I will then work on the website and have them available for purchase on the site."

Probably won't be ready to help you this weekend, lol. He did warn that the file available on the previously mentioned forum "consist of illegal sections, private property sections, and sections closed off due to gates and the DEP/EPA shutting them down."

I've heard of people have been doing it on motos since I've been going on forums... like early 2000s. So it's been done and done for sure.

I'd be down for June, if that'd be better to get everything sorted for a proper route (and to get a few more people).
    2005 Lexus GX470 w/KDSS

Down to do this in June!

Quote Originally Posted by Japollner View Post
    BOOM! Nailed it!

Quote Originally Posted by JLee View Post
    I'd be down for June, if that'd be better to get everything sorted for a proper route (and to get a few more people).
    When's everyone thinking? The weekend of the 23rd looks clear on my schedule. Are we thinking a three day thing?
    -Patrick

When you're home, you dream of adventure. When you're on adventure, you dream of home... ... ...

Lexus GX460 ("Land Cruiser Lite" URJ150)

My Adventures @Instagram: Advtr_On

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast