EarthCruiser GZL 500

CanuckNewbie

Very interesting. I have the following questions:
- I'm assuming those are outside dimensions ?
- what is the length of the cabover ?
- I probably missed something about the dimensions... 78.13" + 24" (extension) = 102.13". So where does 108" come from ? There seems to be an extra 6" somewhere (108" - 102") ?
- Am I correct to assume that the extension provide outside storage space only ie. no additional inside space ?
- what is the price with the extension ?
Thanks in advance for the reply and sorry for all those questions.
Looking forward to seeing more pictures and detailed specs.

Last edited:
- Please see below more dimensions.
- The dimensions posted previous are the flatbed dimensions the camper can fit on.
- As of right now, the storage will be outside of the camper with a pass through from inside the camper.
- Extension price is $1,500.00
View attachment GZL 500 .pdf

Attachments

• New GZL 500 Specs.jpg
    New GZL 500 Specs.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 108

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Okay, so the spec sheet from the April 12th email is very different, stating that the flatbed width is 73.6 inches. Is that correct, please ?

The width is now 7 feet ?

- Please see below more dimensions.
- The dimensions posted previous are the flatbed dimensions the camper can fit on.
- As of right now, the storage will be outside of the camper with a pass through from inside the camper.
- Extension price is $1,500.00
View attachment 397877

Upgrayedd

Sweatiest human alive
Not a new model, per se.

Spoke to EarthCruiser about the GZL 500. Seems it isn't going to be a dedicated flatbed model (correct me if I'm wrong here) but a GZL 400 with storage fused to the underside/sides to make it into a pseudo-flatbed. While I'm not opposed to this idea, I'm waffling between the GZL and the XP Camper V2. They are both sweet rigs and I got to check them out at Overland Expo West this year. I'm in the market for a pickup camper to pair with a Dodge Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that I don't own yet. I currently have the same engine in a Grand Cherokee and I love the power/mpg. I'm trying to keep the weight low and maximize storage so a flatbed is the only way to fly. I'll be interested to see how the GZL 500 compares to the XP V2 whenever it is released. The prices are comparable and the XP has hard sides so... Interested in hearing any member arguments for or against either model.

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier