Eezi-Awn or Alu-Cab 270 degree awning and why?

fire_strom

Adventurer
Crickets? No Bundutec users out there? Here is a rendition of them installed on a GM Van. The dark grey rectangle is my slider/drawer. The teal awning is the Bundutec L the dark green the Alu-Cab.
Comments, opinions or experience welcome.
-G
Awnings on van.jpg

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
I agree, fire_strom, the Bundutec awnings look to be a great overall option--for both cost and size--and is the way I'm leaning for my GMC long-wheelbase van. Like you, I think the BunduEl fits a van best (http://bundutecusa.com/awnings/bunduel/).

The Bundutec awnings are also free-standing, have the aluminized resin coated fabric that helps reflect heat and makes the shade underneath up to 15º cooler, and have both solid and screen side panels as options.

Here's a good video showing another of their awnings: https://youtu.be/NlOyQNzPTnQ

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
It's cool to see so many new options in awnings. I always appreciated the free standing nature of the Hannibal's, but they were rare as hens teeth. I have a feeling with how popular the Alucab one is becoming there will be a ton of other good options for freestanding ones within a year!

Here is a mini review I did, hope it's helpful.

prerunner221

Adventurer
On the same topic, has anyone used the Rhino-rack 270? It's half the price of the two I was originally asking about and I'm curious if anyone's used one.

LosAngeles

On the same topic, has anyone used the Rhino-rack 270? It's half the price of the two I was originally asking about and I'm curious if anyone's used one.
I am curious about the Rhino Rack as well. $550 approx without the mounting hardware.

Whatever we get would go onto a yet to be built AWC or FWC.

J.

JackW

Explorer
I'm thinking about buying a Patriot X2 camper but the only thing I didn't like about it was the awning they use. Has anyone put an Alu-Cab awning on a Patriot camper?
I have a couple of friends with Alu-Cab awnings and I'm convinced they are the best ones on the market in the US. I like the elevating bracket on the Patriot for the awning mount but it needs to go about 6" higher to give a little more headroom for taller Americans.

I was also wondering if anyone has mounted a Gen III Alu-Cab roof tent on a Patriot X2?

And finally - my sister just bought a FWD Hawk camper for her Tundra and wants to put an Alu-Cab awning on it - whose got a design for mounting brackets for that application?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles