Can I please get some feedback on my wiring layout?

paranoid56

Adventurer
make sure you are matching the switch to the diagram. they have different ones per switch so it might be wired wrong.
also, that relay to the switch isnt needed. just grab power from a acc hot from the fuse box.

Sal R.

make sure you are matching the switch to the diagram. they have different ones per switch so it might be wired wrong.
also, that relay to the switch isnt needed. just grab power from a acc hot from the fuse box.

no questions there. However, instead of #2 being a source, I set it to ground. The switch worked and actuated, but because it was a ground switch, it wasn't providing power to the LED despite being connected to power at 85. There must be a diode or something inherent to the switch.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
That Busman is only good for 80amp continuous unless it has dual busses. Keep that in mind while fusing it. Also, automotive/marine wire can handle higher currents. It is the voltage drop that is the primary concern for wiring sizes.

There are two people selling a prepopulated busman kit on eBay...one is using poor quality stereo /pvc wire, the other is using GXL/TXL automotive wire. Get the one with the better wire...I didn't know this at the time and have the one built with PVC /stereo wire...in the hot Jeep engine compartment, I've had some issues with the strands breaking from weak insulation. The PVC is ok (not great) for the interior...

sent via the cone of silence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles