31" and 2" lift or 33"?

lightstrum

I just received my 91 JDM 2.5. I have been talking to a lot of local off/on road guys where I live on Eastern L.I. and showing them the vehicle, there seems to be a general concern that 33" won't fit, though it seems on this board that they will, and because of our local conditions - lots of beach, trails but nothing really hairy that I would be better off with a 2'' lift and 31". By the way my Pajero has LSD 5.29 gears. Any thoughts? I love the way the 33" look but 31 may be more of a general use tire. i am going to need new tires soon. The ones that came with it are Yokohama supper diggers 265 70 15 .Any ideas for tires size, wheels etc I would appreciate.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Just get the 33x10.5's and then when you're owning the trails and they ask what did you do to make it so bad *** you can be like "it's stock with 33's"

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
ALSO FOR THOSE OF YOU CALLING HALF GENS THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE SHOULDN'T Because here's a Gen 2 with a 2.5

rock_shoes

Observer
I have 31x10.5 R15's on my 95 SWB 2.8. They've never been a problem and didn't require a lift or any trimming. Next go around will probably be 33's with a 2" lift so I vote going directly to the 33 if you've already budgeted for it.

lightstrum

My latest musing is to go with 255/85r16 Cooper ST MAXXs on 16x7 steel rims, painted the color of the side swath on my Paj. I like the "skinny' look and for my usage and being a diesel might help on the MPG, though on two recent 400 mile excursions I averaged 24 - 25 mpg, with 3 big guys and lots of gear. I have also grown tired of the very busy look of the stock rims.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
L,

Consider what I have done;

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...d-School-Is-Cool-Toyota-16x7’s-w-FJ40-Hubcaps

I, too, will likely go with the "tall/ skinny" Cooper's with our '98.

I did the body lift [2.125"] all "in-house"... bought the material [which is super cheap], had it machined... spent a tad more [in total] than the ones offered online - but I ended up with what I desired [you can do for super cheap - less than $100].

By the way, our next body lift will be - at least - 2.75"... I have no doubt it will work w/o any problems/ issues.

Good luck,

Wm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles