Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The Camp 4x4 Bus - 1973 Suburban 8.1 Swap & Build

Excellent work!
    2007 F-350 4X4 PSD Crew Cab, 6-Speed Manual. 2007 Sun Valley Eagle SB pop-up truck camper.

Default Working out electrical

I'm finally digging in to planning the wiring.

I'd originally purchased a dual-bus fuse holder; I was planning on 1 bus being for everything connected to my main battery and 1 bus for the aux battery accessories. But I hadn't really considered how to handle splitting the Accessory and Ignition circuits. But, I believe I've figured out how to manage this using the build in relays. Let me know what you guys think. I'd do the same thing for the Accessory output wire from the ignition switch. For splitting wires I'll be using Metri-Pack splice kits which can do up to 1 in to 5 splices that can easily be changed without cutting or soldiering wires.

Ignition Wiring

Metri-Pack Splice Kit

I think those are commonly known as weatherpack connectors. They are great you can get them in almost anything and you can get kits too.
    2006 Duramax CCSB

1991 V2500 Suburban Cummins Swap (in process)

1987 Elky (LS1 swap-waiting its turn)

1991 V1500 Suburban (for sale just 85K miles, cali truck, no rust)

Quote Originally Posted by FBJR View Post
    I think those are commonly known as weatherpack connectors. They are great you can get them in almost anything and you can get kits too.
    Fascinating little bit of history on connectors I just learned: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/three...iring-systems/

Metri Pack is the modern brother of Weather Pack which is the weather-sealed version of the original Packard standard connectors...

Difference between Metri Pack and Weather Pack is primarily that the Metri Pack terminals are flat blades, while the Weather Pack terminals are round tubes.

giphy.jpg
    Last edited by aaronvogel; Yesterday at 03:06 AM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920