Black Rat 3500# hand winch and a heavy vehicle

I found a used Black Rat 3500# hand winch for sale on line. Even with shipping, I can get it pretty cheap. My current vehicle is a 100 Series Cruiser. I know I can use snatch blocks to double the pull strength on the hand winch. I would use it on certain situations on my 100 series, and to move my trailer sideways if need be. Should I get it? Or is it just going to be to small?

dumprat

Adventurer
A 3500lb winch won't pull a soldier off your sister.

They work as suck down winches on crawlers but that is it. Save your money and get an 8000 or larger.

trae

Adventurer
Take a look at this post http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/3460-black-rat-hand-winch.html#/topics/3460 lots of good info. I'm collecting my pennies and my dimes for a Wyeth scott with a synthetic line. Forged steel with a 3500lb dead hang rating. Smaller chance of injury hopefully due to the synthetic line. The inherent laziness will make me think twice about getting stuck and not having winch+ bumper will let me save money long term. Hth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJOE

Regular Dude
I have an Ironman Offroad 3500 Hand Winch. It's worked fine, and pulled my FJC a couple times. Great for side pulling. also great for giving a winch-less buddy. Now it rides in my T100, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it, though there isn't much mud here. If it's cheap, it cant hurt. It's another tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles