recommendations for headlights that won't break the bank

I would like to replace my headlights with something brighter. BUT I am not paying 300-800 for some JW speaker headlights. I see some sundae, cree, top new, and turbo II lights all look pretty good on the internet. Does anyone have recommendations or know anything about these lights?

rubicon91

Explorer
Seward offroad were nice and not to pricey at all. I had them on my last Jeep. Gave them to a buddy as I have stock led lights on my new one.

Edit These are DOT legal as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
After seeing two set's of JW's in person I paid $360 for my truck lite's w/the pwm harness on sale. Worth every penny over stock and no need to worry about being DOT legal like the lifetime's or other cheaper brands.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I've tried a number of different inexpensive Chinese LED headlamps and been very disappointed with the beam pattern. I wasn't willing to pay big bucks for JW Speaker or other brands though, because I seem to attract debris that breaks headlamps. I finally found some inexpensive Chinese headlamps from BRTLED that perform marvelously. They have a proper beam pattern from a projector lens and a very sharp vertical cutoff so they absolutely do not blind oncoming traffic. They're also supposedly DOT approved and are stamped as such. I have been using them for a year now, and all 7 LEDs in each headlamp still function, I have had no water intrusion, and no flickering or other problems. Unless you live in a cold snowy climate in which the heat of incandescent lighting is required to keep the headlamps clear, I have no hesitation recommending these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz