Dosko Capmate Chuck Box Video Review

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Even if you profit it's not spam, spam is when it's not pertinent to forum or forced upon you when it's not asked for. This is a dude showing off his camping equipment setup in a "Camping Equipment" forum. The popularity of the "Chuckbox" thread make it apparent how many people are interested in other people's setups.
If he had typed it out as a post would it be any different other than harder to visualize what he's talking about? My only change would be to move it to the "Overland Chef" forum.

I put up a "How-To" video in the Toyota Forum on how to change the ATF on the sealed system Toyota transmissions (they make it such a PITA to get the level right). But I guess I should take it down because at the rate I'm going in 833 more months enough viewers from this site to earn me $1 (but they don't cut a check unless they owe you more than $100 83,300 months till I see the money).
It doesn't matter I still get messages from people here wanting more info so they can do it themselves and save $4000 from stealership scam. I'll just tell them to piss off because "youtube plays ads".

akpostal

Adventurer
OP thanks for the links. Im putting my cooking stuff in an 8g action packer. I wont be carrying as much stuff as you have but you have some good ideas of what I need.

dms1

Explorer
Not Spam, a bunch of people here have posted links to useful videos they have made on their YouTube channel. I found the videos informative.

gunsandgearnetwork

Even if you profit it's not spam, spam is when it's not pertinent to forum or forced upon you when it's not asked for. This is a dude showing off his camping equipment setup in a "Camping Equipment" forum. The popularity of the "Chuckbox" thread make it apparent how many people are interested in other people's setups.
If he had typed it out as a post would it be any different other than harder to visualize what he's talking about? My only change would be to move it to the "Overland Chef" forum.

I put up a "How-To" video in the Toyota Forum on how to change the ATF on the sealed system Toyota transmissions (they make it such a PITA to get the level right). But I guess I should take it down because at the rate I'm going in 833 more months enough viewers from this site to earn me $1 (but they don't cut a check unless they owe you more than $100 83,300 months till I see the money).
It doesn't matter I still get messages from people here wanting more info so they can do it themselves and save $4000 from stealership scam. I'll just tell them to piss off because "youtube plays ads".

I agree 100% but according to the staff they consider it SPAM so I told them I would not post anymore of my videos. I explained to them the whole reason I even started my channel was because I was spending way to much time on outdoor forums explaining things and discussing back and fourth and found it easier to just start a YT channel and do videos and post them. In a thread it was so much back and fourth with all the questions and explanations and it was a lot of time. Shame really, because I have over 200 videos with all kinds of gear reviews and how to's. It is their forum so it is their rules.

aaen

Adventurer
I've been looking for one of these for awhile now, and i have since found about 6 videos on them in the last two weeks. All the ones i am finding for sale are heavily used and they still want to much for them.

It would definitely be a good idea for them to revamp this with newer materials. So many of us are building out of wood/metal and our kitchens weigh a small ton.

gunsandgearnetwork

I've been looking for one of these for awhile now, and i have since found about 6 videos on them in the last two weeks. All the ones i am finding for sale are heavily used and they still want to much for them.

It would definitely be a good idea for them to revamp this with newer materials. So many of us are building out of wood/metal and our kitchens weigh a small ton.

No revamp, because the company sold out to Plano years ago and from what I have heard Plano has no desire to bring this product back. I think that is a mistake since the recent interest in camping, overlanding, etc. You can find ones "like new" on Ebay fairly often but plan on paying for them. One guy commented on my video he found one cheap but it was luck because it was not listed correctly on Ebay. You can find them in the $200 to $250 range if you look hard enough.

I was going to build out of wood also but finally decided just to bite the bullet and buy one of these because I liked the design, weight difference, etc. Another thing I liked compared to wood is the lid keep it water proof (being rained on not submerged) and also doubled as a sink.

aaen

Adventurer
If I am going to spend the money I will do so on a Kanz kitchen setup. But that won't be for awhile. Until I figure out what i want, rubbermaid bins it is. :(

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Plano is definitely missing an opportunity on not re-manufacturing these, these seem to be a collectors item at this point.
Their competitor needs to find a way to make something similar but just different enough not to get busted for completely stealing the idea.

gunsandgearnetwork

Plano is definitely missing an opportunity on not re-manufacturing these, these seem to be a collectors item at this point.
Their competitor needs to find a way to make something similar but just different enough not to get busted for completely stealing the idea.

I agree, I even debated on trying to get it done but it would cost a small fortune to get the molds and production done. I just wonder what a reasonable retail price would be since people including myself was willing to pay $250.00 and up. I figure if you could do it at a retail of around $99.99 it would be pretty popular.

2to4wheels

Adventurer
I just picked one up in great shape locally on Craigslist with all original accessories for $30 :sombrero: Yes, that's only one zero. So pumped!

Buckshot62

Observer
Dosco campmate

We picked up one a long time ago for $50 and were happy. Recently picked up one from another board for $40 bucks ! We use it on every camping trip .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online