Lets See Your Solar Setups

Off Grid engineering dual battery kit. One Odyssey 34r and one Bosch 35. 100w suitcase by Renogy and the solar charge controller is Victron 75/15 with the bluetooth built in.

Attachments

• IMG_9133.JPG
    IMG_9133.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_9136.JPG
    IMG_9136.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
  • fullsizeoutput_238b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_238b.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9142.JPG
    IMG_9142.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 108

deweycj7

Two 50W generic semi-flexible panels wired in parallel and a 20Ah LiFePo4 battery to run the fridge. So much better than having to restock an ice chest in central Baja...

Solar_deployed.jpg

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Great! IP 43 is still pretty watertight fitting in a dry location.
IP43 isn't watertight. It's splash proof up to 60 degrees from vertical, normally meaning it's OK to be in the rain as long as it's installed oriented correctly. It's also not dust resistant at all. It will be resistant to objects 1mm or larger, e.g. it will not be possible to jam a screw driver into it.

http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

Under the hood that's probably OK, though IP54 would probably be preferred. The advantage to not being well sealed is it'll probably handle heat better, though.

john61ct

Adventurer
Sorry, got it off a distributor site once I couldn't find it directly.

Still, I bet compared to the other mainstream full-featured brands, better than most.

dreadlocks

yeah I personally would not worry water at that location, not unless yeh got snorkels.. I would be concerned about dust, but just enough to hit it with an air compressor every time I was in for an oil change..

now if it was one of the $400-800 charge controllers, and not a $100 one.. then i'd be a bit more concerned about putting it in the engine bay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94