Just ordered......Took delivery of....

TwinStick

Explorer
a 2017 4Runner in super white, TRD Off-Road Premium, 10yr 125k warranty. This is our first 4Runner. There were about 18 like what we wanted but all had moon roofs but 2, & those dealers would not swap---according to our salesman. Supposed to arrive Mid June or so. Anything I need to know about these ?

Last edited:

paddlequest

Adventurer
Congratulations....great platform! What plans do you have to build it up? Leave it be and enjoy it as was designed?? Radical idea I know...haha.

TwinStick

Explorer
Thanks everyone.

Gotta be honest here, it is my wife's vehicle so mods will be slow and probably few. We both just retired. Money will be tight for a while until the kids sink or swim on their own. I decided to keep rockin my 08' Dodge Power Wagon w/G56. Only has 45k on her. It's gonna be pulling our camper when traveling. Not sure if the 4Runner could realistically pull our 3500 lb high ground clearance camper or not ? I'm thinking a pair of HD rear coils would be in order ? Tongue weight is around 450-500 lbs. Empty is 350 lbs. It's never empty, lol. Roof basket, maybe a slide for the ARB cooler/s. Our plan is, to have 2 vehicles that are capable off road & have the option to camp w/truck & camper or travel light w/4runner & tent and motel it every couple of days or so---depending on what we are doing, where we are going or who we are seeing. I am an option man. I like options. lol

Watt maker

Congrats on both the retirement and new 4Runner! We like both of our 4runners. Not the best towing rigs but we make due for now. Sounds like your setup may push the limits of the 4runner though. I would definitely hold out for one without the sunroof. As any vehicle with a sunroof ages, it either starts rattling, leaking, or completely fails open in a monsoon rain. We never use the sunroof anyway.

TwinStick

Explorer
Congrats on both the retirement and new 4Runner! We like both of our 4runners. Not the best towing rigs but we make due for now. Sounds like your setup may push the limits of the 4runner though. I would definitely hold out for one without the sunroof. As any vehicle with a sunroof ages, it either starts rattling, leaking, or completely fails open in a monsoon rain. We never use the sunroof anyway.

I absolutely agree. That was a deal breaker for us. We did NOT want a sunroof. Especially around here. Stuff gets in & plugs up the drains, then they back up & leak. Buffalo winters don't help either. Plus, why would anyone who was gonna use the roof rack want one ? One slip loading a bike or whatever & you break the glass. It certainly is not gonna be the primary tow vehicle. Was just wanting to be able to make some short local trips on mostly flat land, in the event the truck needed something fixed right before a local trip. Probably 50 miles or less.

TwinStick

Explorer

New tires already.

This vehicle feels REALLY solid. I am initially impressed. New tires are Cooper Discovery ST/MAXX in 265/70/17 Load Range E. Ride nice, the little bit of tire noise does not bother me or the wife at all. A wheel stud broke off while they were hand torquing them to 81 ft lbs, I was watching them. Drove right to dealer. They were sarcastic & gave me crap, I dished it right back at them & said fix it or you can keep the 4Runner. I say bad heat treat. I told them to charge the tire shop, I don't care, but fix it & I ain't paying for it. 45 min later, I drove out with a new wheel stud.

TwinStick

Explorer
Put the 50qt ARB fridge in the back & took my mom shopping. Plugged it into the 120v plug. Less than 30 min later, it was at 31*F. Went all over, put the food in the fridge. She thought it was the neatest thing since sliced bread. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94