Northstar Pop up camper - is the winter package worth it?

Alibaba

Howdy campers,

I'm new to this forum - just ordered our TC800 last week!

We asked for the winterized tent (not the whole package, just the tent part). Now I've noticed that some people have done their own modification using Reflectix. We'd be using our camper for the odd ski trips to Mt. Baker, and some Canadian resorts as well. But mostly, we'll be using it in the other 3 seasons.

What I'm trying to figure out is if the winterized-tent is worth the extra $900 ($1300 in Canadian, which is a bit of a kick in the teeth for us)? We're pretty hardy people - we're no strangers to winter camping in the alpine for multi-day ski tours.

Any advice? It won't be built for a few weeks yet, so I can still change my order.

Tatted

Adventurer
it insulates the whole camper, pair it with reflectix and your good, it was rough for us but we believe it is worth it

Rust

I agree. Definitely worth it. If you had plenty of propane and were connected to shore power, it might not be too big of an issue. I've only had mine down to 20F, but had it plugged in. The camper stayed at 65F all night without issue. However, if you're trying to conserve battery, an insulated tent is going to keep the run time down on the furnace. Temps in the BC interior are going to get much lower than what I generally experience. I installed a battery monitor a few months ago. It's interesting to see just how much electricity you're using while running the furnace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles