60 Gallons of the Arizona Strip

bruceboogaard

The Land Lord
By this title, my plan was to outfit my jeep with 60 gallons of gas in Mesquite and head south toward the vistas of the Grand Canyon's North Rim, including Twin Point, Kelly Point, Whitmore Canyon, SB Point, Tourweap, and see how far 60 gallons would take me.

Here is a photo of my rig as it was when I left Mesquite, April 18th, 2017:

1 Met at Walmart (1).jpg

Here is a link to the prerun day and Day 1 of this scouting expedition.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...pril 2017/1. 60 Gallons--Prerun and Day 1.pdf

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

XJINTX

Explorer
Bruce, I am in awe of such a great trip and done by yourself. You get accolades for trying and even more for completing. If this becomes a lead by you trip I'd love to attend with appropriate time for me to plan and outfit!!!

bruceboogaard

The Land Lord
Hello everybody,

I had to move the trip report for Day 4 to a different folder after posting. Some folks are complaining that the links aren't wording.

This new folder has Day 4 and all my prior reports. Here's the link to that folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/76q88xrwac2j83x/AAAq5SQfRqITYt7IRp7Sux2pa?dl=0

I will put all the rest of my trip reports in this folder and will announce them as they are completed.

If anyone is having trouble with the links please email me at bruceboogaard@gmaildotcom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curly

Adventurer
Nice write up, I just got back from the same area. Spent Tuesday night (4/25) at whitemore point. I wonder if your day 5 report will involve a helicopter. :sombrero:

Curly

Curly

Adventurer
Well, we didn't see the plane, but we did watch the Chopper ferry rafters from the canyon. Chopper did at least 5 trips to/from the ranch. Fun to watch.
The chopper arrived a few minutes after 9 am. Don't know if they fly in everyday, but if you are at the point, it may be worth it to stay long enough to see if the chopper will show. We were just about to leave when we heard it coming.

100_7664_zpsavjouwih.jpg

100_7667_zps3eficlp6.jpg

100_7672_zpsxh0c6hue.jpg

Curly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles