Off Road Camp Trailer Build

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
The Durham tool box....do you have a part number for that or a link? That's awesome and a great idea that I am going to steal for my trailer.

PCO6

Adventurer
Great job on the Toyota and the trailer and it's nice to see how you're both using them. :clapping:

I'm interested in your buggy too. I used to build and race them ... MANY years ago. Any pics?

BIGMEATS

Awesome build. Could you give me some specs on the axle you used? I am going to be starting a trailer build soon. My box will be 4x6 also. I am having a hard time figuring out what length axle to use. Thanks!!

ratled

Adventurer
DSC01217.jpg
A little late to this part of the thread but I could go there every weekend and it would never get old. OUTSTANDING picture and spot...

Thanks for making my day

ratled

JCDriller

Adventurer
Great build! Did you go back and do solid welds around all your skins or just leave it as spot welds only? If spot welds dose it keep the water out from the inside of the trailer?

cjjohn

Beautiful builds! I am planning to do something similar with my CJ and your build is an inspiration!

tte30m3

Adventurer
Beautiful shots sir, looks like a great trip!

Thank you!

Awesome build, looking to start mine soon. I might of missed it but what pressurized water system are you using?

It is a simple ShurFlow pump mounted inside the trailer

Hey mate what brand are the jack mounts any chance you have a website for them???

They are RAM, from Amazon I believe

Subscribed!

We are modifying our vintage canvas tent trailer (non-pop up) this winter and you've given me a ton of inspiration.

Great work on everything (including the FJ and garage), you are clearly detail-oriented. Nice to see your wife working/wheeling together with you, it's fun to share your hobby with your SO.

Thanks! We have really been enjoying it so far! The good thing about Nevada is you can use a camp trailer pretty much year around.

The Durham tool box....do you have a part number for that or a link? That's awesome and a great idea that I am going to steal for my trailer.

I don't, but if you browse Durham's website, you'll find it easily. They have 2,3,4 and 5 drawer models. There are also 2 sizes, and I got the larger of the 2. Thanks

Great job on the Toyota and the trailer and it's nice to see how you're both using them. :clapping:

I'm interested in your buggy too. I used to build and race them ... MANY years ago. Any pics?

The buggy is fun! It's a turbo Subaru motor pushing 260hp to the rear wheels!

20170531_172925_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Awesome build. Could you give me some specs on the axle you used? I am going to be starting a trailer build soon. My box will be 4x6 also. I am having a hard time figuring out what length axle to use. Thanks!!

My axle is the shortest one offered by Croft Trailer. It ended up making the stance about 1" wider than the front axle setup of my FJ40.

Do you happen to have the list of parts you ordered from Croft? Awesome trailer. Thanks

Sorry, I don't. It was a really long list. Axle, brakes, springs, axle hangers, hardware, hubs, jack mounts, and a few other things.

A little late to this part of the thread but I could go there every weekend and it would never get old. OUTSTANDING picture and spot...

Thanks for making my day

ratled

Thanks! We loved that area also! Hoping to go back next August again...

Ditto... And Very nice FJ40, perfect color too....

Thank you!

Great build! Did you go back and do solid welds around all your skins or just leave it as spot welds only? If spot welds dose it keep the water out from the inside of the trailer?

Left them as spot welds and used silicon to seal everything up, interior and exterior. So far, no leaks!

What's you axle position? 50/50?

50/50 in the square portion of the box, not including the extra 14" of angled box at the front.

Very nice work. Man fortunate for us you got a sweet camera. The pics are awesome as well.

Thanks!

Beautiful builds! I am planning to do something similar with my CJ and your build is an inspiration!

Thanks!

Can you post details on how the tent/awning section raises & mounts?

Pretty simple... Just used .75" and 1" square tubing and pop pins. I manually lift the awnings up and the pins pop in place. When I want to lower them, I pull the pins and assist them down so they don't slam. They work great though, simple and effective.

tte30m3

Adventurer
Found a cooking griddle at Costco for our Partner stove. I was hoping it would be close in size, and after checking, it's almost perfect! I mainly use the stove for breakfast anyway, so I'm really excited to use it!

20171213_163535.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles