Off Road Camp Trailer Build

tte30m3

Adventurer
If you are still interested in alternate jack options - I have the ultimate jack and its pretty frickin awesome.

http://theultimatejack.com/

Thanks for the link, but you might want to double check it. Says they don't make them any more.

As others have said, really nice builds all around.

Thank you

Awesome build.. How are you powering your ARB fridge? Any solar?
No solar or battery. There is a heavy duty battery jumper on front and rear bumper of my FJ40 for jump starting purposes. When the trailer is attached, I plug into that and it powers everything. Even if we go for a trail run, the fridge still stays cold while we're gone and I plug in when we get back.

colin_r6

Interesting. I wonder what the failure is. I can't seem to find anything. Will give them a call.
My trailer is pretty light, hopefully it won't be an issue for me.

Jeepin503

Just curious, did you use 3/8” or 1/2” barb fittings on your water tank and did you have to drill new holes in the tank for the fill line & vent? I have the same tank but it is designed to sit upright, would love to kmow how you solved for that! Thanks!

Absolutely stunning build on both!!! Thank you for posting this. Your build is a template for my trailer build! Did you use a MIG welder? Thank you! Also, your pictures are on POINT!

tte30m3

Adventurer
Went to Cruise Moab 2 weeks ago and had a great time! Trailer did awsome! Cool shot of it at Toquerville Falls in UT on the way home-

DSC03107.jpg

I have since decided to sell my FJ40. It was a sad day shipping it off, but it will allow more fun projects to come my way.

Yesterday I mounted new tires and wheels on the trailer to match my wife's 4Runner. That will be our new camping setup. Time to start doing a few small projects on that!

20180521_145330.jpg

Surely not as cool as an FJ40 with a camp trailer, but we will use it more often and for longer distances. The lifted, short wheel base of an FJ40 isn't conducive to long road trips. I really look forward to getting out more and exploring with the 4Runner.

honda250xtitan

IMG_4300.jpg

Nice limited! I threw some Wheelers t13 rear coils for 1.5 lift and Bilstein 6112s for a bit over 2" lift up front and it rides GLORIOUS. Wife approved as well which is what counts. Your trailer design is working out so great for me lol.

Went to Cruise Moab 2 weeks ago and had a great time! Trailer did awsome! Cool shot of it at Toquerville Falls in UT on the way home-

I have since decided to sell my FJ40. It was a sad day shipping it off, but it will allow more fun projects to come my way.

Yesterday I mounted new tires and wheels on the trailer to match my wife's 4Runner. That will be our new camping setup. Time to start doing a few small projects on that!

20180521_145330.jpg

Surely not as cool as an FJ40 with a camp trailer, but we will use it more often and for longer distances. The lifted, short wheel base of an FJ40 isn't conducive to long road trips. I really look forward to getting out more and exploring with the 4Runner.

FinsUp

Adventurer
That is probably one of the most elegant and efficient campers I have even seen. Much nicer setup than a factory build for sure. Keep updating this thread! I will be showing your trailer pics to my wife.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Wow, hard to believe you sold the FJ it had to be one of the nicest out there. I can understand the more use out of the Runner though. We do the same with our JK over the CJ. Especially long distances.

RandallW201

Dang man!!!! I WANT your trailer.
I just want teh skeleton and skin before you added all the cool stuff.
Wish I could build or find one around me like that

KeithBPatrick

This trailer is everything I've ever wanted. I saw you post you'd do it again - interested in making another for a customer?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior