Planning Isuzu NPS Build Preliminary GAs

4x4coaster

Adventurer
My 2 bob's worth....go with the composite panels.
Make your own sub floor steel frame and do all the mounting, design & fit all your water tanks and any mods to fuel, battery positions etc then your ready to fit your composite box. I think it will save you lots of time.

steve66

Observer
Sorry Maninga, I didnt mean to run down other's who had chosen non vanglass but can see my comments could be construed that way.

Choice of building material/method is just one of the hundreds of decisions we all have to make on these builds.

In the end everything is a compromise.

Cheers Steve

fastrhino

Observer
I have prepared a more detailed set of drawings for Styromax to quote on.

Got my quote for the New NPS from Isuzu......COUGH !! $102k with the Super Singles and suspension upgrade, no tray just a loaner for the rego.

6.JPG

fastrhino

Observer
My 2 bob's worth....go with the composite panels.
Make your own sub floor steel frame and do all the mounting, design & fit all your water tanks and any mods to fuel, battery positions etc then your ready to fit your composite box. I think it will save you lots of time.

I am strongly coming to that conclusion, with the lead time on panels it would give me time to fabricate the subframe, get it powder coated and get the thing mounted to the chassis ready for when the panels arrive.

I need to start planning the electrical and water (black, grey and drinking) systems before I finalize my plans too......:yikes:

once I have completed the design and planning stage I will start documenting the process on video for a new YouTube channel.

steve66

Observer
At the time, 2015, I got quotes from 5 different dealers, Perth was the dearest by a fair margin, they offered me a new 2013 model ( no abs etc) for more than everyone else wanted for a 2015 model.

ATW was $88k with bullbar & diff lock as well as the wheels and springs and bits and pieces.

Cheers steve

fastrhino

Observer
At the time, 2015, I got quotes from 5 different dealers, Perth was the dearest by a fair margin, they offered me a new 2013 model ( no abs etc) for more than everyone else wanted for a 2015 model.

ATW was $88k with bullbar & diff lock as well as the wheels and springs and bits and pieces.

Cheers steve

I have got ATW quoting me as well. If I get panels manufactured in QLD I may be doing to long drive back to Perth with a new truck and panels. I could even assemble them and mount the body before coming home.

steve66

Observer
It was great fun, 3 days straight back to Darwin.

If you choose Vanglass, Shaun is happy to order others bits and pieces for you at no extra cost, he gets wholesale with aussie traveller and a few others but not camec, I got windows and elec steps via him and saved about $400. But you have many suppliers in WA already that I dont.

I had about 800kg on the back coming home, made it ride better plus Atw revised the tyre pressures to suit and even did a 50km test drive then re torqued everything to save me having to do it on the side of the road.

Both companies offered to build the subframe and mount the camper but I chose to do it all at this end.

it took a bit of planning but I reckon it was well worth it.

good luck!

cheers steve

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
+1 for vanglass, I chose them primarily because the insulation value is double that of the XPS styromax use. This makes a huge difference to the liveability of the camper, when it was -1 outside we had to crack a window because it was too hot... and in central queensland we could run the AC 24/7 on solar for days. Shaun is a good bloke too!

Bris31

Adventurer
+1 for vanglass, I chose them primarily because the insulation value is double that of the XPS styromax use. This makes a huge difference to the liveability of the camper, when it was -1 outside we had to crack a window because it was too hot... and in central queensland we could run the AC 24/7 on solar for days. Shaun is a good bloke too!

Another +1 for Shaun. Before I started with my camper I saw LeishaShannon's setup and got heaps of information form him including about Vanglass panels. I did get quotes from both places and found Vanglass more competitive. Not only that, he let me assemble panels at his workshop using whatever tools I needed and lend hand when required!! Parked the truck at workshop for couple of days to let the glue set in and fixing alu angles, windows, door all around. I bought Aussie travelers windows, door, aluminium angles, glue sausages at trade price from him. Additionally got lots of free small cuts from shop for bed, bench, shelves etc. What else a novice needed! Very grateful in fact.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I chose them primarily because the insulation value is double that of the XPS styromax use.

I am sure that you would have mentioned this previously, but I am quite surprised that there is that much difference.
Out of interest, where did you get the insulation values from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles