Isuzu NPR fuel level sending unit ohm range?

javajoe79

Fabricator
I am fitting a different tank to my truck and I have not sending unit yet. I can order a sending unit to fit my tank, SAE 5 bolt pattern. There are several ohm range options. What does isuzu use? 0-90, 10-75?

Alastair D(Aus)

aging but active
I have a 2007 NPS. When a I updated my tanks the senders measured at 0 to 100. I had both senders rewound to ensure their reliability and they work fine. Make sure they are setup correctly. One of mine was adjusted wrongly and giving wrong levels. If you need to change your senders be careful as there are some very poor quality ones on sale.

You can get non contact senders which use a magnet sliding up a rod and switching mini switches. SkiFreak can supply details.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I can order a sending unit to fit my tank, SAE 5 bolt pattern.

I strongly suggest that you carefully measure the PCD of your sender holes, because I am pretty sure the Isuzu is the same as the Fuso and it does not use a "standard" SAE fitting.
All the angles for the hole positions are the same as a SAE fitting, but the PCD of a SAE fitting is 54mm and the PCD of the Isuzu/Fuso sender holes is 58mm. It may be different in the US, but I doubt it.

I had custom senders made in China for my primary fuel tank, as the Fuso ohm range appears to be unique to Fuso (go figure!).
I chose to use a reed switch style sender (same as Wema senders), as they are arguably more robust than the standard OEM sweeping arm style.

An alternative could be to make an adapter plate to use a 1 1/4" BSP threaded sender instead, as these are also a standard sender fitting. You probably would still need to have the ohm range customised, but companies like Wema do that, I believe.
Also... you should be mindful of the ohm range at half full too, if you are using the OEM in dash fuel gauge. The Fuso uses a cylindrical tank, so the fuel sender is configured to deal with that. If your model Isuzu came with a cylindrical tank then I expect it would be the same. As an example... the Fuso sender is 0 ohms at full and 150 ohms when empty, but half full is 50 ohms, which is obviously not linear.

steve66

Observer
Hi Joe,

I got the spec direct from Isuzu sometime back.

Note:
・Below is for the 140 L tank specifications
Float position F point 3/4 point 1/2 point 1/4 point E point SE point
Distance from the
flange
: 66.0 mm
{ 2.60 in }
: 139.6 mm
{ 5.50 in }
: 215.5 mm
{ 8.48 in }
: 291.5 mm
{ 11.48 in }
: 368.8 mm
{ 14.52 in }
: 379.9 mm
{ 14.96 in }
Tank capacity
: 129 L
{ 28.38
Imp.gal }
: 100.5 L
{ 22.11
Imp.gal }
: 71.0 L
{ 15.62
Imp.gal }
: 41.5 L
{ 9.13
Imp.gal }
: 12 L { 2.64
Imp.gal }
: 8.0 L { 1.76
Imp.gal }
Resistance value : 14 Ω : 29 Ω : 44 Ω : 72 Ω : 100 Ω : 110 Ω

For 100 lt tank it's

Float position F point 1/2 point E point SE point
Distance from the
flange : 76.0 mm { 2.99 in } : 192.9 mm { 7.59
in }
: 313.4 mm { 12.34
in }
: 332.3 mm { 13.08
in }
Tank capacity : 89.5 L { 19.69
Imp.gal }
: 51.0 L { 11.22
Imp.gal }
: 12.0 L { 2.64
Imp.gal }
: 6.0 L { 1.32
Imp.gal }
Resistance value : 14 Ω : 44 Ω : 100 Ω : 110 Ω

Sorry for the poor paste effort, just read the values from left to right F, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, E

Hope that helps.

Cheers Steve

trackadda

Observer
i am on the look out for 2 of the rectangle 140 litre tanks to fit up to my 2007 nps if any one knows of any. the closer to sunshine coast qld the better

gait

Explorer
my starting point for things like tanks and non-critical stuff is Rocklea Truck Spares for used things
https://www.rockleatruckparts.com.au/

my second tank for Fuso came with brackets and sender complete

their stock keeping isn't spectacular and ultimately needs a visit. They let me lose in their yard of trucks for wrecking. Our size are about the smallest.

I'm away from home at present otherwise I could check.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I found specs from a newer npr of 14-110 like steve posted. Unfortunately that's not a standard sender. The tank I have is around 55gallons and off of an unknown truck so I bought a universal 0-90 ohm sender. I'll just learn to understand what the gauge is indicating or swap to an aftermarket gauge later. Or I could possibly alter an actual npr sender. We'll see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles