Disco 2 roof rack

davis31052

Adventurer
image.jpeg

Anyone seen this rack before? Looks like it might be a factory rack and I'm thinking about picking it up for my LR. If you have it or have seen it, does it break down into smaller pieces? Present owner thinks not.

wagex

Adventurer
i have the same one its all one piece. very well built. only thing i dont like about it is how spaced out the floor bars are i still need to get some of the chicken coup flooring to put up there so i can actually use it. also would be difficult to mount a roof top tent onto because of the side rails.

jeegro

Adventurer
Has anyone used the Front Runner rack? Opinion?

The SD rack has too big a profile for my tastes.. same with the BajaRack

kcabpilot

Observer
I mounted a RTT on mine but I did have to add the short ladder extension. Also my rack is the low profile version.

DB7SNlZ_CTFhO5zmKEmOKO7TbMoo4LdabWShFY3Tm9V92x9_PNOneCxhH8pQ-tBqi90ZvDv4384R9weLcibS30PQ5rMbj0yhCt1Mud6LL5ZMv5dMMf6yQlwkt8_BpnmRW1l1stqieD3aJPJRJx-nLG7KM-C3vkE-fRyU2JD91h6Lpr6_sGMRd7Rb71nVTnppaMAThHmQqXid5M27Rw-Yc3NrE7Z5DWdcGvHjrQ5FOqb4JZAQqyuL6Fv5taoi2dKePUnngIBlfW5vXBnY5ssI0rrQ0fEshR5khh2eJM4jFX7PUs4RnNKGUgJ6YMZDtkZSYQdz3eonEFk8SNbZb9ysebbun7fKyMgYr0TpbqVDX5RPNVS-1ELshOkbWP-XM-Ybp07xgu5UUaKEXMX-JbJ8bZBJ3lQTbdl5lIfPqLhNGT-e7bFjcEq9aHPlKnaVKO4Gs4S9CE3HlGnO6hYsmkZjPUboMYdU_I4CqlnBkLRfG1v-FKAaYcCTqTzlJssuMeTZj5vwXeN1pFlRiQKRvsH-JEvhKPTzKqJTl_Rq54W_XacvWuemeLw5zCHGiAeYGAMwmQoNkfVT3yu4oGBRtHNtaIuqvgoId5ITMdwKIOVw4CIZhV2yUudCmA=w2048-h1152-no

Last edited:
Has anyone used the Front Runner rack? Opinion?

The SD rack has too big a profile for my tastes.. same with the BajaRack

I use a full FR rack on my LR3 which is the same length for the D2 if I'm not mistaken. Different gutter mounts of course.

I love it because it's light and rated for more than the roof is rated for. You won't be mad rack weight limited in that aspect. I've had mine to max weight and it is very well built, although I would not suggest that off-road for any case.

Expensive to get more slats if you want the floor completely solid but the standard configure is perfect for my use.

It's a bit loud but if you want a rack, that comes with the territory regardless. I'm working on a front fairing for the future but the wind defector gets the job done for now.

Only complaint: buy stainless hardware the day you put the rack together. The supplied stuff rusts and stains the powder coat. Otherwise I'm completely happy.

davis31052

Adventurer
Purchase of the rack fell through. Dude sold it out from under me, even though we had planned to meet on Saturday. Guess He didn't think I'd drive 3hrs to get it. Either that or he realized he had it priced way too low at $100.00

The search continues for one in and around the Atlanta area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94