Death Valley - Pleasant Canyon Loop, Emigrant Canyon, Butte Valley, & Warm Springs

boyfester

Observer
Nice photos and report.

Do you have more information on your shower set up?

I purchased everything at Ace Hardware: 2-gallon garden sprayer, flexible sink sprayer head/hose, hose barb connector, and hose clamp. Thread the brass connector into the flexible sprayer with some teflon tape, cut off the rigid plastic sprayer handle from the garden sprayer, and connect the flexible sink sprayer hose to it using the hose clamp. Fill the tank with water, pressurize it, and you're good to go. I've since painted the tank black and leave it out to warm up.

afe35565e86179c4521eff96ded92438.jpg

9f7474c8ce5b47ec19e83cfc38eb0d01.jpg

b4f25ff0cffc7e288bc3e222433c3eef.jpg

72c8a7fa08446e359d1e0145d774a7cf.jpg

ceda7a7d3976ee6c2e2b01bd326175db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Ah ok. I've got a black garden sprayer that never really worked out the way I had hoped. Maybe I should revisit it with a longer/flexible hose. I tried to keep water in it during the trips and it would always leak out the top even though it wasn't pressurized. It didn't get very warm either. For some reason the black solar bags get warmer.

unkamonkey

Explorer
The other thing you can do is make a mist cooler under your awning to cool yourself off in the heat with a system like that. At Lake Powell, we just go sit in the lake with a cerveza.

boyfester

Observer
The other thing you can do is make a mist cooler under your awning to cool yourself off in the heat with a system like that. At Lake Powell, we just go sit in the lake with a cerveza.

Sounds cool (no pun intended)! Can you provide some instructions or photos of what you are describing?

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Great stuff. I love that South Park loop. It looks like the trail is in decent condition.
Thanks for the write up, it's a good holdmeover until the next visit. Cheers! :sombrero:

unkamonkey

Explorer
Sounds cool (no pun intended)! Can you provide some instructions or photos of what you are describing?
Go to places like the Camping World web site. They sell them there I believe. Mostly just a 2 gallon garden sprayer hooked to a hose with tiny sprayers inserted along it's length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles