exped duo mattress and RTT ?

1v6pony

Adventurer
Those that use the Exped Duo mattress with your RTT, Can you leave it in the RTT for storage. I have a ARB Simpson III I will be using it and no other sleeping mattress in my RTT.
Thank you, it is a big expense for this mattress want to make sure it can be left deflated in the RTT.
Thank you again.

1v6pony

Adventurer
Those that use the Exped Duo mattress with your RTT, Can you leave it in the RTT for storage. I have a ARB Simpson III I will be using it and no other sleeping mattress in my RTT.
Thank you, it is a big expense for this mattress want to make sure it can be left deflated in the RTT.
Thank you again.

Never mind just ordered one, will let others know how it folds up in tent, since no one else seams to know😀

Dusty Grin

Observer
Never mind just ordered one, will let others know how it folds up in tent, since no one else seams to know��

I tried to use a standard megamat in my small Maggiolina. It was about an inch and a half too long because of the gears and I learned that the mat is very unforgiving as far as flex. So if it fits in there I think it's a great idea. You would just unplug both plugs and let it mostly inflate on its own anyway. That's going to be very comfortable and warm.

towee

Pony I have always wanted to do this matter of fact I posted a similar thread awhile back like you got limited response. Can't wait to hear about your experience with it please follow up after you get yours.

1v6pony

Adventurer
Pony I have always wanted to do this matter of fact I posted a similar thread awhile back like you got limited response. Can't wait to hear about your experience with it please follow up after you get yours.

I will for shire, the brown truck is supposed to be here tomorow and I plan on camping this weekend, update coming soon

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
My guess would be you will want to leave it vented for changes in altitude. My Mega is used in a poptop so I dont deflate but definitely notice the change in firmness.

gmoneyluv

Been using the Exped Megamat Duo 10 mattress in our ARB Simpson III for about two years. No problem and much more comfortable than the stock mattress. We just deflate it slightly before packing the tent.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I have a MegaMat 10 single and Duo; many years of direct experience. When it was just me soloing in my Small XL Columbus the single worked great. Yes, going from sea level to 10,000' or visa-versa is met with either adding or subtracting air (per LCPhil: Leave the valve open to auto compensate); but wasn't a deal breaker for me.

The Duo however, even though "we" used it more than a few times in the Columbus, is about 2" too wide to be considered a good fit; its doable but not ideal. Medium width Columbus wouldn't be a problem. But, and I'll save the chatter, even though I'm sleeping on my Duo in the house for the time being, like any air mattress with two or more people trying to sleep on it, it's just not the right tool for the job (a challenge to get the most comfy air pressure for two disproportionate weight people as well as bouncy when one person rolls/shifts or gets up).

But, negative performance nits for two people aside, they are the most comfortable air based mattresses/pads I've ever slept on.

1v6pony

Adventurer
So as was stated by someone else above, The matt worked great, I deflated it. folded it in half was able to leave 2 sleeping bags and my pillow and it folded better than just the orig arb mattress. also it fits in the ARB mattress cover a little tight but fits, The only thing I do not like is on the ARB tent the bolts that hold the tent on stick out and are square head, I will replace this with rounded, would not want it to puncture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94