Bundutec hardshell rooftop tent

WestBoundDave

Observer
Hi,
Only came across it recently by chance, does anybody actually own it, and if so how happy are they with it? I have just bought second hand JB, and find it bit tedious to close when wet (which is most mornings, due to dew), as I get all wet too, when leaning on it, or on the car. This electric opening and closing seems to be jsut what is needed, and the fact that it has a little roof above the windows is great too. If I find that the Bundutec is actually a reliable product I might sell my JB and get the Bundutec instead. So, the question to whom ever has it is, how good or bad is it? Does it look like it will last on extended overland trip (like 1 year) on corrugated roads and bad 4x4 tracks?
Thank you

I had a thread discussing it here

There are two people I know of who had it.

I went with a james baroud Explorer through site sponsor OK4wd and am glad I did, less things to go wrong, more aerodynamic.

1.5mpg better than with my soft shell tent.

WestBoundDave

Observer
I had a thread discussing it here

There are two people I know of who had it.

I went with a james baroud Explorer through site sponsor OK4wd and am glad I did, less things to go wrong, more aerodynamic.

1.5mpg better than with my soft shell tent.

Two people who had bundutec, what do they say about it? The representative of the Bundutec is just around the corner from my house, so I had a good luck at it, it is not exactly supper aerodynamic, but it is more dynamic then soft shell tent. Advantage is that it also has solar cells on the roof. And the awing all around, and I love the idea that you do not have to touch the car nor the tent to pack it up, thus not getting wet.

Two people who had bundutec, what do they say about it? The representative of the Bundutec is just around the corner from my house, so I had a good luck at it, it is not exactly supper aerodynamic, but it is more dynamic then soft shell tent. Advantage is that it also has solar cells on the roof. And the awing all around, and I love the idea that you do not have to touch the car nor the tent to pack it up, thus not getting wet.

The bundutec users said that they liked it, that it was heavy, and that admittedly, it was more things so go wrong. But like most people on this forum, the people that buy either a James baroud or a Bundutec, are going to do a lot of research. Once they make the purchase they probably wont have buyers remorse no matter what they get.

I think its just a different design. Do you prefer the t-top or the convertible? same kinda thing. For myself, I liked the idea of the warranty, I like the looks, the windows, and the mattress is really nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94