WTB Overland Traler

Crewser47

I'm looking for a trailer similar to a Turtleback or AT Horizon to put our RTT on.

My family of four got the bug last year on a trip west with our JK and RTT. My 5 year old still talks about waking up on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Just decided we need to be able to base camp a bit more with the kiddos. I'd be interested in something completely ready to roll with kitchen and water but I'm also not afraid of a bit of fabrication to make it what I want. Custom home builds are great too (I've seen some cool things come through here).

The max our budget will allow is $8k-$9k for something finished.
I'm in SW Michigan and willing to drive for the right trailer.

Let me know if you have something!
Thanks,
Mark

Dustman

See my post, 2016 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Shell, here on this forum. Might be what you are looking for. I just lowered the price.
Dustman

Crewser47

See my post, 2016 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Shell, here on this forum. Might be what you are looking for. I just lowered the price.
Dustman

Thanks Dustman, but we are really looking for something to put our RTT on. Even if it is just a solid trailer frame I can build on.
Good luck.

nastav

Adventurer
I'd pursue the VMI trailer in the above Chicago Craigslist link if I were the OP.
A bit of negotiation (say start at $8,500 and end at 9 something) and factoring in your travel or delivery time and money on other trailers make it very attractive.
The ARB fridge could be sold to reduce cost, but you wouldn't want to do that.
The power systems and solar and whatnot would be nice.
The ability to see and inspect a trailer prior to purchase is huge as well.
Good luck on your search.

Edit: a quick visit to the VMI website makes me unsure what this would cost new.
Also check out Ruger trailers in Denver they make nice, solid new trailers RTT ready in your price point

Last edited:

Crewser47

dixie1865 and nastav, thanks for the help and insight! I'm not sure if the military tub style trailers would be right for us. I'd like to add some side storage boxes to whatever I end up with. I'll try and reach out to the one in Chicago since I'll be through that way for work next week.

Does anyone have an opinion on the new Smittybilt trailer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior