Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there no side by sides discussed here?

Quote Originally Posted by 1leglance View Post
    I hate them with a passion....

Hate the things.
    So what is it? Do you hate them, or hate them with a passion? LOL

I try, try, try to not hate anything, but SXS vehicles do earn my ire more than most other user groups. I have a local buddy who is a flight medic. He continually tells me about all of the gnarly crash victims he transports. I'm sure you've seen a few. In virtually every incident, stupidity and neglect have cause the trauma, and more often than not to the poor sap riding along, not the dolt behind the wheel.

Again, I don't mean to paint an entire user group with the same brush but....seems to work.
    Bicycles rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Noel View Post

I try, try, try to not hate anything, but SXS vehicles do earn my ire more than most other user groups. I have a local buddy who is a flight medic. He continually tells me about all of the gnarly crash victims he transports. I'm sure you've seen a few. In virtually every incident, stupidity and neglect have cause the trauma, and more often than not to the poor sap riding along, not the dolt behind the wheel.

Again, I don't mean to paint an entire user group with the same brush but....seems to work.
    Isn't there a thread somewhere that says almost the same thing about mountain bikers???
    1991 Chevy V3500.
    1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban.
    1965 Toyota Stout.
    1985 Kawasaki GPZ900.
    1984 K5 Blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaLover View Post
    Isn't there a thread somewhere that says almost the same thing about mountain bikers???
    Exactly. That's my point!
    Bicycles rule.

I've never ridden one of those things, but I do see a lot of them around

Can someone explain what are advantages of a SxS compared to something like a small suzuki or jeep? It seems they are very similar in size and comparable in price, if not more expensive, so why would one choose one of those over a street legal vehicle? If I had a huge piece of property to ride on I think they'd be fun to have.

Is there something inherent in the design that allows them to go faster? It looks like a slightly shrunken version of some jeeps, and I would think the smaller tires and smaller engine would limit the capability.
    Last edited by ducktapeguy; 06-13-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Noel View Post

And this right here is why I dont post about any of my adventures. Even though I have been to more places in Utah than most, all that seems to matter is what you drive. If only I drove a Toyota with a snorkel and a roof rack... lol. Hate the drivers, not the vehicles. There are good and bad in every group!

There have been some threads for them, including trip reports.
    You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions

spanish to english http://spanishto-english.com/
    javascript obfuscator http://javascript-obfuscator.org/
    192.168.0.1 https://192168-ll.com/192-168-0-1.html

Around here, you occasionally see them flying down I-40 (!) Not my idea of fun...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12