AT Habitat coming to the F-150?

aaldape

Observer
There is interest in the 8ft. Habitat. We are making a 6.75ft Habitat for the newer Ford F-250/350 in the next batch and the basic design may be adaptable to the 8ft version. The issue is that Ford has a unique footprint for their truck beds which is further compounded by a high cab height.

When you send in your info as an interested party please provide us with the model, and year of your truck, plus bed length inside and outside measure left center and right sides, and bed width inside and outside front center and back, cab height from the bed rail. This will help us work out what years and models the Habitat will fit.

Is there a lead time on the batch made to fit the Ford Super Duty 6.75’ beds?

Just to throw in my 2 cents here, I am very interested in a habitat and have the funds available now. I currently have a 2018 f-150 extended cap with a 6.5 bed. I am also taking that truck to the Overland Expo in about two weeks and hope to see the habitat in person, as well as talk with someone about the pros and cons of using a full size truck, versus me trading in for a smaller truck like a Colorado, etc.

if anyone has put a habitat on a full size truck I'd love to hear some feedback.

kodiak-black

Observer
Very cool set ups guys. Glad to see they're making them for full size rigs. Hoping to make it out to Expo West this May. I bet vendors and customers alike will have come up with some interesting set ups.

aaldape

Observer
I have to send in my measurements when I get home, but has anyone actually gotten one for an 8ft box yet?

I had to get a custom box made to fill the gap on my 8’ bed... It’s cool, but for the price and craftsmanship, I’d wait until AT makes an 8’ version...

aa8c6f36ee4f09f3888b9b6615c96994.jpg
6cd0cf9a6eef6dbd3da5fe2867422964.jpg
96d828dbe7528b562cca5552d554d963.jpg

PunchitChewie

I had to get a custom box made to fill the gap on my 8’ bed... It’s cool, but for the price and craftsmanship, I’d wait until AT makes an 8’ version..
In the email I got a tunnel was referenced. I wonder if that is similar to what you've done. Thanks for the pictures. Helping me with my decision on going with the habitat vs a RTT. I'm sold on the standing up in the bed, inside the tent instead of a ladder. Will be easier to rig something up for the pup to get up into the sleeping area, and not lifting 70lbs up and down a ladder.

aaldape

Observer
In the email I got a tunnel was referenced. I wonder if that is similar to what you've done. Thanks for the pictures. Helping me with my decision on going with the habitat vs a RTT. I'm sold on the standing up in the bed, inside the tent instead of a ladder. Will be easier to rig something up for the pup to get up into the sleeping area, and not lifting 70lbs up and down a ladder.

I think you’ll get a better product from AT. Otherwise I chose the Habitat for similar reasons (3 big dogs, stand in bed, more room to stand, dedicated bed, etc). Also generally a bit more streamlined than a RTT. Standing in the bed area is a great perk.

cc tacoma

Observer
How is the solar working out for you? Is it one of the options from AT or did you add it after the fact? I have a summit in que and was considering it. Thanks!

So far it’s working great. Over the long term I still don’t really know because I’ve only had it for about 10 months or so, but so far I have no reason to doubt it. AT is a dealer for all of these components, I bought it all from them and they installed it all, and they are well versed in these installs. They just don’t list it as a packaged option with the Habitat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94